Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 10, 2007, 3:20 PM   #21

Daniel...

Interesting shots.
how about this one... same event.. no flash
Attached Images

sp561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:06 PM   #22

sp561 wrote:
Quote:
Daniel...

Interesting shots.
how about this one... same event.. no flash
sp561

I would say your white balance is off but not your fault. The lighting situation could not have been worse/chaotic . The white balance changed every few seconds.

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:41 AM   #23

Oh my.. that is the winter mood... it was tuned for this purpose..
Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:43 AM   #24

If I need accurate white balance... just one click in CS3... wasn't that hard.

Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:00 PM   #25

sp561 wrote:
Quote:
If I need accurate white balance... just one click in CS3...¬* wasn't that hard.
SP

I did not know there was another Pentaxians taking pict in the show. Welcome to this forum.
Anyway I do not have CS3 . But you can always play around to get the white balance /skin tone you want. My understanding is that unless you shoot raw, there is not much room for you to tweak.
Also anything to do with the overcompression of the pict as well (to 52k)? Are you using K10D or other 6 m dslr?

Daniel
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:57 AM   #26

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
The other forum has become a lot less friendly I believe. This fellow, apparently a 77mm Ltd owner, thinks that I should have used a 77mm of wider aperture instead.

As usual I asked for picture for enlightenment. Of course, there will not be response (from a 77mm Ltd owner with no pict to show?).

Daniel , Toronto
Hmmm....

Somehow I did that... Did not wanted... but... somhow... Anyhow... Sou... For Daniel! ;-)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26101150

Vaards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:40 AM   #27

Vaards wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm....

Somehow I did that... Did not wanted... but... somhow... Anyhow... Sou... For Daniel! ¬*;-)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=26101150

Hey thanks particularly this one you have posted for me. From 77 Ltd and outdoor I presume. Great shots

You know what? A picture worths a thousand words. I repost your pict as posting in this forum is slightly different from dpreview. I am impressed.

Now you know talking through the medium of pict is a lot more fun and effective

Daniel
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:06 AM   #28

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Now you know talking through the medium of pict is a lot more fun and effective

Daniel
I am really glad that you liked (I expected a little different attitude - so didn`t wanted to fulfill your wishes when you asked for pics with sarcastic attitude;-)

And yes - I am not just agressive critic. I have some years experience with girl shots. It is not a big experience, neither intensive (for example http://www.andreart.net is 23 years old photographer who took his first DSLR in his hands some 2 years ago. Before he had some Kodak P&S making quite interesting shots. Now he is one of the best paid and well known comercial photographers in our country. For example at that magic data 2007.07.07. he rejected mor than hundred wedding offers). The same two or threeyears story is with one girl, or lady http://www.sundewart.com .

Both of them were beaten with critics all the time, every day, intensively (I have a lot of other examples - these two I know quite well). So - I assure that critical coments must be more welcomed than just positive ones. Heated discussions gives to birth improved results for that author-victim.

Personally I am in deeper root trouble now- I am quite educated about photo stuff (from all previous year fightings). And I know a lot of things what is wrong with all and every pic what I have. So - I am not placing pics in no places - that makes me a little be too intolerant with others - I see their mistakes and can`t sometimes explain what is these things. So I become just rude. :roll:

But my rudiness motivates me (at least) to go out and photograph something. And sometimes to show to others too!

So - you will send to me your girls now!? Or not !? :-):-):-)

Vaards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:40 PM   #29

Vaards wrote:
Quote:
I am really glad that you liked (I expected a little different attitude - so didn`t wanted to fulfill your wishes when you asked for pics with sarcastic attitude¬*;-)
I like people posting pict for sharing. As I am not that good in composition/framing, I normally would not give a critique unless if I am 100% sure. You had a good idea having a high end Mercedes with a 77 plate for your 77mm Ltd. And in Latvia?

Quote:
But my rudiness motivates me (at least) to go out and photograph something. And sometimes to show to others too!
Your rudeness happens to be our gain.

Daniel Toronto
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:54 PM   #30

I have followed this thread to the end and I am not trying to restart any flames. However, I felt that this line from Vaards first post to the thread deserved some comment:

"Hmmm... I will tell you one secret. Places where everybody is friendly, helpful etc. There is sooo low level of skills, abilities and results offered to others. That is so."

If it were not for the helpfullness and friendliness of this forum I would not now have a Pentax camera and, I am quite sure, would not be interested in photography at all. There are many photographers with different skills participating here, some are quite good and others are beginners like I am. We may be light on criticism but when it is offered it is constructive and does not tear the photographer down. This suits me perfectly, photography is my hobby and I have no intention of trying to earn a living from it.

IMO this forum is pretty special among internet forums. To all of you who have contributed to my continually growing appreciation and knowledge of photography, Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Tim

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote