Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:59 PM   #1

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-982...g=2547-1_3-0-5

Rumored to be a 14 megapixel K20d and an improved 10 megapixel K200d
jhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:40 PM   #2
TC3

More likely than not they copied the rumours started over on dpreview Pentax forum......
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:20 PM   #3

Gotta love rumors, and I can only hope it's true! I've been hanging onto my k110d until the new pentax bodies are on the scene... can't wait much longer.

fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:39 PM   #4

first time ever responding to one of these threads. i've seen the same thing go on over at dpr for over 100 posts. i think every board shouldhave the ''B*!! SH!!'' forum. that's all the reference is. when it happens then it happens.. i'm not wasting my time with them.. just my 2ยข....

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:02 PM   #5

fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:
Gotta love rumors, and I can only hope it's true! I've been hanging onto my k110d until the new pentax bodies are on the scene... can't wait much longer.

Not quite sure why you are waiting.

If you need the features of the K10D then buy it.

If you keep waiting, you will never buy anything. And think of all the shots you have missed.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:26 PM   #6

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:

If you keep waiting, you will never buy anything. And think of all the shots you have missed.

Dal
I've always thought that too, if you keep on waiting, then you will never buy anything. But this time I will wait to see what Pentax brings to the table on there upgrade. Right now I have the K100D and I love it. I never thought about buying the K10D mainly because the K100D did everything that I wanted. It wasn't until just a few days ago I put my hand on the K10D and tried it out that I fell in love with it. It fitted my hands a lot better.

Right now is a good time to buy the K10D mainly because with the rebates you can get it for about $520 after the rebates. But like I said, I will wait to see what Pentax will bring to the table because it is only 2 months away. I can wait for 2 more months. I try to distance myself from the rumors and stuff like that so I don't really know what they are popping up until now.

I don't really care much about the high MP count, I just want faster FPS and good low light ablity.

Until Pentax do a big upgrade that fits my need, I will enjoy my K100D.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:40 PM   #7

Two things I noticed.

First I find the 14MP hard to believe. Historically new cameras only increase in resolution by 2MP per upgrade. That means the K10D to the K20D would be a 12MP and not 14. Now of course 17 years of history could be blown out of the water so time will tell.

The second thing I noticed is the reference to the sensor being a smaller APS-C size. Now I don't know about anyone else but if the sensor is smaller than in the K10D and they increased the resolution by 4MP, I don't think that bodes well for noise especially at higher ISO.

Time will tell, but it doesn't sound promising. Glad I am happy with my K10D.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:28 PM   #8

I don't believe the author meant "smaller than an APS-C size." He said, "the smaller APS-C size." I understood him to mean it uses the smaller sensor, the APS-C, as opposed to a full frame sensor. I admit he was somewhat ambiguous, but that's the way I read it. Surely, no one in their right mind would increase the pixel count AND make a smaller sensor, especially after the drubbing the K10D has taken (in reviews) in regards to noise. I'm hopeful Pentax is smarter than that. :?

-Mike
Duck Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:44 PM   #9

I don't take it mean that. It doesn't make sense since the K10D the camera this one is the upgrade has a APS-C sized sensor so why say that it has a smaller sensor when it is the same size. If the K10D was full frame then it would make sense.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:50 PM   #10

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
fisheye4 wrote:
Quote:

Dal
I am only waiting because I know that sometime soon Pentax will release there next camera and I don't want to jump into the K10 which will then be "old" though still a great camera. I do love the k110 I have (battery life for one thing is UNREAL!).
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote