Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 3, 2007, 3:24 PM   #1

Yesterday we got our first winter storm and my new to me Pathfinder from California functioned fairly well in its new environment.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:58 PM   #2

I was going to make a funny comment (did the poor thing die from the cold?) but decided I shouldn't talk - we took our almost new soft-top Wrangler to Wyoming in January and it seemed to love it. Started right up every morning, snow brushed off the top without any problems and the heater was up to the task of keeping us warm. Those California 4x4s are tougher than most California drivers realize.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:40 PM   #3

I just can't figure out why so many people in California have 4x4's, but then it works for me to get rust free cars to use for a few years back here. This one even came with two set of chains (stil in the unopened bags), so I guess they were palnning on going somewhere where there was snow.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 7:42 AM   #4

Yep, I grew up in California and now living in snow country laugh when my brother's tell me about their 4x4's and how they need them. They certainly aren't skiers and need them to get up the mountain roads. I have a 1995 Maxima and it does fairly well in the snow we get here, considering.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:43 PM   #5

Well, I'm a Californian whoactually uses 4WD (the Wrangler). It gets off-roaded (not as much as I would like or as much asit used to) and I also need it to get to work occasionally (or even out of my driveway)- perhaps as early as Friday (hope, hope, hope). It's state law that you have to carry chains/cables in the mountains in the winter, so I would imagine that the former owners must have ventured up to Yosemite or the Sierras at some point. I carry a set in the Jeep (but they fit a pickup that's long gone) in case I get stopped. The only time I've been stopped at a road break they've just said I needed to be in 4WD (we have snow rated tires). I guess we should pick up a set of cables for the Honda, but since it doesn't get driven when the roads are bad, we don't bother.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:46 PM   #6

Snow....? Whutz Snow....? asks the Alabama Redneck!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote