Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:07 PM   #41

I am going to vote for Jelpee's wall. It struck me as the most creative interpretation of the theme. The other shot that had me really torn was Eddie's sleigh, the soft focus and composition of thatshot is great.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:30 PM   #42

Very difficult choice this month. Jelpee's image is the most moving image, but I am not sure ifit fits best with "Peace, as in "Peace on Earth"/Serenity, not merely the absence of war." This is a very powerful image. Kjell has struck a chord with the celebration of this season, as did Patty with her night scene. Then there is the very peaceful image of Abby's sleigh by Eddie??? I really don't know what to pick!!!

I think that I will have to go with Jelpee on this one since it is a universal message and says a lot to me.

Ira

With permission I have done a mild edit on the image, any comments are appreciated:

Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:00 PM   #43

I like all of them! I keep changing my mind - Patty's house, Ira's ornament, driver's father-in-law's farm are among my favorites, and seem to fit the theme.

I ended deciding on jelpee's wall - it seemed to go along with my thinking after spending a week in Tucson and touring the Titan Missile Museum and looking at the SR-71 at the Pima Air Museum. He has more courage than I do, posting his wall under this thread.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:24 PM   #44

Okay, this is tough. I really like my own image. But, I also like Abby's sled and the wall memorial. I need to think on this a little before I decide. Hope that's okay.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:12 AM   #45

Jelpee gets my vote for the wall!
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:52 AM   #46

This Photograph just tears at my Heart Strings. I served in the Army 1962 thru 1965 and, while not in Viet-Nam myself, lost some close friends over there.

The traveling wall has been in my area several times and I just haven't been able to muster up the courage to go and visit it.

Peace on Earth, indeed, to every name on that wall.

Ed

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
"Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. . . ."

Thomas Merton

A stolen moment from the Vietnam War Memorial, Washington DC, Dec 2007.

EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 4:45 PM   #47

My vote goes to Nols, combining humor with a peace message in a technically perfect feel good picture.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:14 PM   #48

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
December's challenge is (drum roll) Peace, as in "Peace on Earth"/Serenity, not merely the absence of war.

Oh yeah, rules: Photo must be taken this month, resized to no larger than 800 pixels wide please, and, of course, taken with any Pentax or Samsung Dslr.
Jelpee's moving image of a couple's emotional moment at the Wall is a stunning photograph and, without question, my favorite photograph of those submitted. However, the message of "peace" that it conveys is one which jolts us with the human tragedy of war rather than one of serenity.

When I think of serenity, I think more of the innocence of a child or of harmonious nature. Thus, I'm torn between Fl_Gulfer's sunset with the birds low over the water, and either Abby's sled or Tim's child fishing. Tough choice, but I've got to go with Fl_Gulfer.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:59 PM   #49

I have to agree with everyone. All Awesome pictures and a very Personal and tough choice.
I am Partial to three, Fl_golfer, Kjell and Patty's Shots. Very tough choice. But,
my Vote goes To Fl_golfer

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:05 PM   #50

Sorry. Been a little under the weather the past few days. I think I'm going to vote on Abbey's sled. I remember when I had first opened it it struck me as such a lovely scene.

Thank you to those that have been pondering mine. It is appreciated since I was experimenting with the RAW with it and not knowing what I was doing.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote