Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 7, 2007, 9:10 PM   #11

I have a huge cheap Amvona (Dynatran brand) backpack that sits in the closet with all of my inactive gear. I use a Lowepro Nova 5 to hold my flash gear, a Lowepro Micro-Trekker 200 holds my usual "kit" (camera body, F 100-300mm zoom, Sigma 24-135mm zoom, FA 50mm f1.4, FA 35mm f2, M 200mm f4). I also have a Lowepro Toploader Zoom that holds the camera with 100-300mm attached that I use when I am after some wildlife pictures (I also have a Lowepro lens case that attachs by their "slip-lock" system to either the Toploader or the Micro-Trekker to hold an extra lens).

My motto is "You can never have too many camera bags." (My wife also has a Lowepro Nova 3 and a very small Lowepro Toploader that just fits her Pentax and the 18-55mm kit lens).

I like the stealth bag approach that Scott suggested, I hear that diaper bags are a great choice, who wants to steal a diaper bag?

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:02 AM   #12

The back pack for a biker has been on my purchase list since the day i bought a bike and a camera

I'm lucky so far since i only have a Panasonic DMC FX-01 which is just 15mm thick :-)

How ever,
I wanted you all to check these images and comment.... a bikers dream i guess.

I could just paste the links... but many would'nt bother to click it.

Below is the link.
http://www.boblbee.com/rw/artiklar/artlista_prods.asp
no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:14 AM   #13

no-nonsense, are you Swedish?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:44 AM   #14

Hi kjell.

I'm an Indian (Bangalore).

Well the 'dream' , the one above your post was shortlived when i saw its price.. approx 220 USD.

I could buy a 50mm prime lens with that cash :-)
no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 2:47 AM   #15

I asked because the physical adress of the boblbee shop is in Malmö, 100 kms from where I live.:G

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:55 PM   #16

The permanent home for my equipment is a bench in my office and a little plastic set of drawers. I tend to choose what I am going to carry based on what I anticipate photographing as well as how far I am going to have to carry it. Nearly all of my best lenses are metal construction manual focus bricks and are too much weight to carry on foot all day.

I have two bags, the first one was a Lowepro Slingshot AW200. It is a good bag but it starts to hurt my shoulder if I carry it all day. For my birthday this fall I received a Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack. The Tamrac has almost as much camera space and is easier to carry for long distances.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:10 AM   #17

I used to carry darn near every piece of equipment I owned. No more. I just got tired of shuffling it around each time I took shots. Since my K10D arrived with its 18-55 kit lens, I carry them, a Sunpak 383 flash, spare batteies for the camera and flash, a set of front-end magnifying lenses, all in a small, hardcase, shoulder bag. I keep a UV filter and polarizer lens always mounted on the main lens. When I am pretty sure I will need it, I sometimes carry a mini-tripod, one of those with about six inch legs. I have other lenses, all old Pentax manuals. I use them around the house and yard.

It is not that I want to deprive myself of extra lens options. I am, because of health problems very leery of carrying weighty objects. If I do, my back and legs hurt for days.

I guess the point is, you can carry the simplest of equipment and still find a world full of interesting things to photograph. A really satisfying hobby can serve you well almost until the last breath you take.

I could carry only my little Canon P and S, but I grew tremendously unhappy with what I did get with it, and what I couldn't get with it. I like to see the nose hairs, and at the moment they show. Still, the day may come when the P and S is all I can use, and I will then happily use it alone.

Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:40 AM   #18
TDN

I never take more than 4 lenses...cuz that's what'll fit in my Crumpler Shrinkle!:lol:

So I usually take that backpack, filled with lenses according to where I'm going.

If I only take 1 lens, I use a Lowepro Topload Zoom camera holster bag.

The mothership is the shelf in my apartment

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:19 PM   #19

TDN wrote:
Quote:
I never take more than 4 lenses...cuz that's what'll fit in my Crumpler Shrinkle!:lol:

So I usually take that backpack, filled with lenses according to where I'm going.

If I only take 1 lens, I use a Lowepro Topload Zoom camera holster bag.

The mothership is the shelf in my apartment

Tom
Eddie I have three Aluminum Satchels I carry all my lens in when going on a shoot...Then I choose the ones to walk with...I'm rather large so I have large pockets and carry a lens or two in them if they are small enough...for the tele's I have two lens cases to wear on my shoulder...The camera and one lens on the tripod....Having a Diesel pickup allows me to carry a whole camera store if I want and then choose how to divide the lens when I get to my destination.. I most times take between 20-30 lens with me and decide when I get there....I'm finding more and more though that I like three or four only so the whittleing is beginning...Kit lens...50mm f/2...Vivitar seies one 70-210...Auto Takumar 28-80...Vivitar 300mm....Vivitar 105 macro....Sigma 100-300 auto. When I get better lens this will change but budget rules right now so these are the ones I take...They all deliver so they go with me.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote