Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:34 AM   #11

Thanh,

Looks like there is some security issue (heavy anti-burglary bars ) in the island.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:48 PM   #12

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Thanh,

Looks like there is some security issue (heavy anti-burglary bars ) in the island.

Daniel
You should see the heavy machine guns that the police have here. I'll try to get a shot (picture) of them or maybe not.

Other then the violence reported by the media everyday, its a really nice place to visit, photograph. I've been here for six weeks and have not experience anything but very friendly people. But i always think twice about taking my camera out...

Thanh

tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 5:48 PM   #13
TDN

[align=center]Aha, entering my territory

I took these last summer on the day before the big cultural festival in my city.

They're all with a Russian Jupiter-9 85mm f2 lens, I love the DOF on the first one.

Tom
[/align]
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:12 PM   #14

I like the last shot of the three young people with the guitar Tom.

Here is mine, taken on the beach in St Augustine. My wife was horrified that I was taking photos of people we did not know kissing. I told her that if they were foolish enough to swap spit in front of a guy with a big telephoto lens they should expect to have their picture taken :-).

K100d and Tamron 180mm f/2.5.

Tim
Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:19 PM   #15

Looks like Al and Tipper going at it!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:42 AM   #16

Hey Dawg---Maybe lots of people won'tunderstand the Al and Tipper comment, but just because they fail to tie it in, or never noticed the action behind it. I saw it first hand, not in the audience, but on the tube as it happened. Then it got played and talked about quite a bit. The actionseemed distasteful to me. It must have to lots of other people. It was the sort of thing my sugar and I would never do before others, let alone a national audience. The outcome of the election was strongly objected to by Al on the basis of chads, vote counts, the dirty GOP, and the 5 justices. The truth is, in my opinion, if the Al and Tipper contact had never appeared, or if there had been a chaste, short contact, Al would have been too busy fighting other demons in the Blanco Casa to champion Global Cooling, would not have been seeking the Peace Prize, and who can guess where we would be in the face of terrorist threats.

Just my nickel's worth. --- Old Engineer
Old Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:08 AM   #17

Tim - I think it's one for the December Callenge. More of this and there will be no war.:bye:

Tom - yeah, now we're playing in your backyard, which is obvious from your contribution.

Thanh - new to the forum but certainly not to photograpy! Please dont' post this kind of photos whenthe temperature is2 C, with rain and darkness here.Welcome to the Forum, eagerly waiting to see more from you.

Daniel - just noticed that the car in your pic is a Renault!

BigDawg - it's nice of you to mention that the pictures were taken last summer. Otherwise the would have added to my seasonal depression.

Crash - you know I always want to see more of these.

Don't know if this qualifies as a candid, but wth.It's taken during exam writings in the school in Luqoqweni (no, don't even try to pronounce it), a village north of Lusikisiki, South Africa. More to come.

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:31 AM   #18
TC3

Is not the only point of candid just that? If the subject looks at the camera that is not a candid pic in my opinion
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:22 PM   #19
TDN

Some very ncie shots here already!

Kjell, love your first entry!

Also some very good ones from tdotho

I like dawg's sea shots aswell.

Great idea for this thread daniel!

Here's one for your definition TC3. She's looking at the camera but it's still a candid

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:29 PM   #20

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Is not the only point of candid just that? If the subject looks at the camera that is not a candid pic in my opinion
Phew, it took some heavy post processing, but thanks to the "turn-head" option in CS2 I managed to change it to a real candid. Since I think the original was better though I'll post that one in a new thread.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote