Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:38 PM   #11

I have submitted many images to the Pentax Photo Gallery, and my wife has submitted a couple. They have all been rejected:sad:. I'm not sure what they want, some of the images that I have seen there appear to be very similar in technical quality to mine, but there is no accounting for taste in composition. Yours is a great shot and a well deserved win, PPG is missing out.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:48 PM   #12

I was invited to enter some photos but was never told how...What is with them??

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:32 PM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I was invited to enter some photos but was never told how...What is with them??

Dawg
Dawg,

Same here. So i Never bothered

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:41 PM   #14

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
When the site first opened there was a page where it asked you to enter your code.

I emailed them to ask how one went about getting a code or submitting images. Never heard a thing back!!!
Same experience.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:12 PM   #15

Like the shops where if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

If you have to ask how to get a code your not suitable. aranoid:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:42 PM   #16

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Like the shops where if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

If you have to ask how to get a code your not suitable. aranoid:
The wife tells me that all the time!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:02 PM   #17
PDL

Now that PPG is allowing (requiring) users to "judge" images, the ablility to get things in has changed. I am a member - but I have not added any images for some time, I guess that I prefer taking images rather than posting them. (this will change this week as I set up my own site "outtheresomewhere")

Go to the Gallery, click "Site Tools -> Contact US". Somewhere along the line, which may take some time and a few more emails, they will send you the user code. The software is not all that intuitive but it does work - sort of. I suggest that you only submit a few images at a time - somewhere between two and 20. They have changed the voting requirements - so some images can be viewed by more people. If there are enough votes - then and only then will the Pentax staff make the final decision. It appears that the volume of submissions is/was so high that it was overwhelming the "person" responsible. (Yeah at one point is was a single person - one of my submissions, which was selected, took quite a long time due to the person being on a two week vacation.

Be very careful about submitting images that might require model releases. The rules state quite clearly that you have to have written permission to show some images. Also note that once you send it and get an image accepted, Pentax can use it for advertising. It appears that they are very good at give proper credit - but they can us your image for almost anything.

I would also suggest that bugs and flowers are way over represented on the site. Stuff you see in Photography Galleries (one's you walk into) have a harder time getting in. Images that are heavily modified during PP do not appear to get in either. There are DSLR images taken with non-Pentax (unknown) lenses. I also do not care to look at the eyeball of your cat/dog/bird/child for that matter.

Just so you know where I am coming from - here is my gallery:

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/philipdlanum

Shutterfly has disabled my rejects - bummer.

PDL
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:43 AM   #18

PDL wrote:
Quote:
Now that PPG is allowing (requiring) users to "judge" images, the ablility to get things in has changed. I am a member - but I have not added any images for some time, I guess that I prefer taking images rather than posting them. (this will change this week as I set up my own site "outtheresomewhere")

Go to the Gallery, click "Site Tools -> Contact US". Somewhere along the line, which may take some time and a few more emails, they will send you the user code. The software is not all that intuitive but it does work - sort of. I suggest that you only submit a few images at a time - somewhere between two and 20. They have changed the voting requirements - so some images can be viewed by more people. If there are enough votes - then and only then will the Pentax staff make the final decision. It appears that the volume of submissions is/was so high that it was overwhelming the "person" responsible. (Yeah at one point is was a single person - one of my submissions, which was selected, took quite a long time due to the person being on a two week vacation.

Be very careful about submitting images that might require model releases. The rules state quite clearly that you have to have written permission to show some images. Also note that once you send it and get an image accepted, Pentax can use it for advertising. It appears that they are very good at give proper credit - but they can us your image for almost anything.

I would also suggest that bugs and flowers are way over represented on the site. Stuff you see in Photography Galleries (one's you walk into) have a harder time getting in. Images that are heavily modified during PP do not appear to get in either. There are DSLR images taken with non-Pentax (unknown) lenses. I also do not care to look at the eyeball of your cat/dog/bird/child for that matter.

Just so you know where I am coming from - here is my gallery:

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/philipdlanum

Shutterfly has disabled my rejects - bummer.

PDL
Thanks for the suggestions PDL. I have tried to stay away from the usual photographic cliches but I still haven't achieved the level they are looking for. I will keep trying.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:40 AM   #19

Phil

Thanks for the advise on how to get them up, seems the make em apply 4 -5 times gets the riff raff out of the way :lol:

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:54 AM   #20

I think that the local Photo Contest judges exercised much better judgment than those on the Pentax Photo Gallery for this one. Nice image.

Regards, Lawrence

Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote