Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:25 PM   #1

Deer & Deep Snow

After 3 storms the snow has built up pretty good and the deer are having to work much harder for food. Here at my place we have had about 2 1/2 feet since Saturday and another storm is due on Friday.

I was looking for some different Mule Deer Bucks and found a few. Probably with in a 3 mile circle.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:07 PM   #2

Roger...just beautiful!! Thank you! I got some bad news today & for the 5minutes that I just spent staring at this series & showing my stepdaughter the difference between whitetails & muleys, I got to go elsewhere...where everything is right in the world.

Thanks for sharing! #3 &5 are sellers!!!! Or at least an entry for the challenge....Peace on Earth!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:41 PM   #3

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roger...just beautiful!! Thank you! I got some bad news today & for the 5minutes that I just spent staring at this series & showing my stepdaughter the difference between whitetails & muleys, I got to go elsewhere...where everything is right in the world.

Thanks for sharing! #3 &5 are sellers!!!! Or at least an entry for the challenge....Peace on Earth!
Ron
Sorry about you getting bad news. I am glad the photos helped for a little while.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:32 PM   #4

Very nice, Roger. I also prefer 3 & 5. I won't complain about our snow piling up outside now. We've only had about 6 inches with more on the way tomorrow night. It's just so early for snow like this after last year.

Ron, I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. Can certainly relate to your being lost in the photos as that's what I've been doing all night after having an family related issue since Thanksgiving now that only keeps getting worse. Hoping it's going to end soon. Hope all works out for you. Take care.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:19 AM   #5

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Very nice, Roger. I also prefer 3 & 5. I won't complain about our snow piling up outside now. We've only had about 6 inches with more on the way tomorrow night. It's just so early for snow like this after last year.

Ron, I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. Can certainly relate to your being lost in the photos as that's what I've been doing all night after having an family related issue since Thanksgiving now that only keeps getting worse. Hoping it's going to end soon. Hope all works out for you. Take care.

Patty
Patty good luck with the family thing and thanks for the nice comment.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 14, 2007, 2:40 PM   #6

Roger & Patty, Thank you for your kind words. I didn't think that I would go further with personal problems but I do believe in prayer & if anyone has time...my wife, Theresa, could use a few. The bad news that I mentioned...Wednesday, we found out that she has 2 new brain aneuryms. New as she had 2 successfully repaired in '99. We did get promising word yesterday that the new ones were smaller than they thought...2mm vs. 5mm. Monday, she has an appointment with her neurologist in St. Louis so I'm sure that she is in very capable hands. It's the uncertainty right now. We are very fortunate in the fact that the St. Louis area has quite a few hospitals that are some of the best in the country & they have a procedure that does NOTrequire evasive(through the skull)surgery, which is how she had the 1st 2 fixed. Truly, a modern medical miracle, especially since my sister had the same procedure 2 years prior to my wife having hers done.

Like I said earlier, I didn't like to bring personal problems online but this lady that I fell in love with almost 10 years ago could really use a prayer or two if anyone has an inclination. She is one helluva woman...anyone who can teach high school special ed for 23 years & still come home to me every night is a saint. She's just taking it all in stride, I'm sure just so I don't worry abouther but.....

Roger...thanks again for these captures. I keep coming back to them when I need to take my mind off of things!!!

Ron

PS....Patty, I'll be keeping you in my prayers, hoping your problems are able to be resolved as well!!!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 2:44 PM   #7

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Roger & Patty, Thank you for your kind words. I didn't think that I would go further with personal problems but I do believe in prayer & if anyone has time...my wife, Theresa, could use a few. The bad news that I mentioned...Wednesday, we found out that she has 2 new brain aneuryms. New as she had 2 successfully repaired in '99. We did get promising word yesterday that the new ones were smaller than they thought...2mm vs. 5mm. Monday, she has an appointment with her neurologist in St. Louis so I'm sure that she is in very capable hands. It's the uncertainty right now. We are very fortunate in the fact that the St. Louis area has quite a few hospitals that are some of the best in the country & they have a procedure that does NOTrequire evasive(through the skull)surgery, which is how she had the 1st 2 fixed. Truly, a modern medical miracle, especially since my sister had the same procedure 2 years prior to my wife having hers done.

Like I said earlier, I didn't like to bring personal problems online but this lady that I fell in love with almost 10 years ago could really use a prayer or two if anyone has an inclination. She is one helluva woman...anyone who can teach high school special ed for 23 years & still come home to me every night is a saint. She's just taking it all in stride, I'm sure just so I don't worry abouther but.....

Roger...thanks again for these captures. I keep coming back to them when I need to take my mind off of things!!!

Ron

PS....Patty, I'll be keeping you in my prayers, hoping your problems are able to be resolved as well!!!
Ron your lady is now in our prayers.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Dec 14, 2007, 8:54 PM   #8

Ron, You and your wife are definitely in my prayers. I also believe strongly in the power of prayer. And, thank you for your prayers in my situation. Things are getting a little better here. Slowly but surely.

Take things a day at a time and treasure every minute. Life can certainly bring us on wild rides.

Take care, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:09 PM   #9

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Ron, You and your wife are definitely in my prayers. I also believe strongly in the power of prayer. And, thank you for your prayers in my situation. Things are getting a little better here. Slowly but surely.

Take things a day at a time and treasure every minute. Life can certainly bring us on wild rides.

Take care, Patty
And you all are in my prayers as well Ron. Good luck and peace for the holidays!

Ed "aka" Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:46 AM   #10

Bumping up a couple days back post but I just wanted to say wow! All that snow is so beautiful! Strange how different it can be down south, its sunny sunny here (Albuquerque). On a side note, my step-dad lives in Chama, he always talks about the snow and deer but you don't get the full impact of it until you see it.
Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote