Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:53 PM   #1

I have been watching the news recently about the blizzards and cold fronts moving across Canada and the northern US states. Since I have finally finished culling and processing shots from vacation in the Caribbean I thought now was an opportune time to share. :blah: Actually, believe it or not, I am jealous and would love to spend a week or two with my family in snow and cold.

Tim

Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:55 PM   #2

This is the lighthouse on Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. The light house is now automated and the abandoned lighthouse keepers house is in the foreground.

Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:58 PM   #3

The upper falls of El Limon Cascade, Samana, Dominican Republic. As always, any constructive criticism or advice is welcome.All three of these shotswere taken with the kit lens and the K10d.
Tim
Who has not seen snow in sixteen years.
Attached Images

Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:24 AM   #4

Nice shots, I don't think it would take a full week for you to figure out you are much better off where you are during the winter. Now summer and fall, that is a different story!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:07 PM   #5

Even southern/western Pentaxians can appreciate these. Looks like you covered quite a bit of territory on your cruise. what did you finally decide to take along besides the kit lens?
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:52 PM   #6

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Even southern/western Pentaxians can appreciate these. Looks like you covered quite a bit of territory on your cruise. what did you finally decide to take along besides the kit lens?
Thanks Tom and Penolta. As far as lenses, I took most everything I had. My wife was using the K100d, so I had one kit lens, a Sigma 24-135mm, the 50-200mm, a big old manual focus 100-300 f/4, and a 28mm, two 50mm, 105mm macro, and 180mm prime lenses. I actually used them all, mainly to say that I had, but taking all of that was certainly amistake.

If I had to do it over again I would take the 24-135mm for my wife and the kit lens, F 50mm 1.7, and the 50-200mm. Something wider than the kit lens would be good too.

Tim
Old Dec 20, 2007, 7:11 PM   #7

Hi Tim

Awesome Shots. Reminds me of My Cruise. And is just what i need right about now. Anyway, I agree with limiting your lense selection. On our Cruise,I Finally decided to take just My FA28-105, FA 50 1.4 and Sigma 70-300. I use the FA 28-105 the most, but at times I wish a had Something a little Wider. But To carry more Lenses is a Pain as you have discovered

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:02 PM   #8

Lovely shots - I hope your wife helped you carry all those lenses - that's quite a selection.

I took a bunch of lenses to Tucson because we were driving and staying in one spot so I could pick and choose depending on where we were going. The only lens I didn't use was the SMC M50 1.7 - I preferred using the SMC 24mm 2.8 for inside.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:53 PM   #9

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I thought now was an opportune time to share. :blah:
Grrrr

Really, lovely shots!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:59 PM   #10

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Actually, believe it or not, I am jealous and would love to spend a week or two with my family in snow and cold.

Tim

OK, let me see, it started snowing here about three weeks ago, there will be several brief thaws as the winter progresses and then it will start to melt in April. That makes 5 months of snow, shoveling, slush, shoveling, freezing rain, scraping, blizzards, shoveling, snowplows, shoveling!!! What say we trade places for the next 4 months?

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote