Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:03 AM   #11

Dear Ira, Phil & Crash,

My problem that it's under warranty...here in Israel where I acquired...but as the seller was a "Gray" internet photo store...the official representative "Photo Karat'...will NOT recognize any "Gray" seller warranty. I will look later at DPR forum...to ask to such Pentax owner that post how he did it on his own body!

Another problem is...if i accept to "Pay" to the representative here in Israel so his technician will repair my body...apart of the "High" fee...(As I don't let him to make a profit...!), to my knowledges...his "Technician"...don't see any K10D till today...as I wrote in the past...here Pentax is a NON popularly brand camera specially at DSLR!.

Exist other possibility to send my body to UK (Europe central Pentax headquarters),...but because the Holiday...if I will do so...(After contacting them for 100% clarification if...will be accepted...my body...under warranty?), as was NOT acquired officially... so IF they accept only at the end of January 2008 I will send the body!:P

Good that I own also another DSLR a KM 7D...WORKING!!!

I will let you know...what will happen!:?

Have soon a nice Holiday & a very prosperous 2008 Year!

Thanks so much,

Peace,

Alex!:|

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:33 AM   #12

Hello again my dear Pentaxians Buddies!

Today sudenly the top of the "Spring" shows...you can see it with my added "Arrow" + explanation!:shock:

Now I must wait till I will get much more detailed & concise explication how to return it as was when the camera leave the factory!

So here is a new photo with the top of the spring!:-)

Peace,

Alex 007
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:46 AM   #13

Pentaxians!

For lucidness much more what happen...I snap the got it Super Program film body...which will show to all of you how MUST be such "Hammer/Lever" position, in "REST" location.

In this way/manner...the lens fitted is always "Wide Open" blades diaphragm...till you press the shutter release...so the mirror & this "Hammer/Lever"...goes UP...the shutter open at your or electronic setting & the diaphragm closes to the selected F stop!. As the exposure is finished the shutter close, the mirror, snaps down backrest & diaphragm returns back as was before, wide open!:P

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:55 AM   #14

Pentaxians!

Now my last photo showing to all of you HOW is when the shutter is working!:roll:

I was lucky that this film body at "B"...con be open for a maximum of 15 seconds...which allow me to quickly auto focus where I want & press the shutter button freely.:idea:

Also take note...that this 22 years old body is much better designed & made that our newer DSLR series...the spring in around a screw...never will produce any problems as occur me...

Peace,

Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:14 AM   #15

Pentaxians!

Amazing news...the camera "RESET" himself automatically!

I'm now extremely happy!

Playing with the menu + "Dust Remove" for a while...suddenly a "Knap"...& with my surprise...the lens returns as was wide open at 1,4.

Thanks so much for your advices & noble effort with me!:homey:

Peace,

Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:02 AM   #16

Thank you for your interestingpictures of the camera and an idea of how that one part works. I'm glad it's now working for you (though I would be tempted to still send it back, who knows if it will happen again). The examples and arrows let me understand what your problem was (not that I had any clue on how to fix it).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:42 PM   #17

I am sure I have heard of this happening before with someone elses camera.

The fact that it reset itself makes me think the spring had not come off but the lever was simply stuck in the up position.

Alex, you might want to check your on/off/DOF switch and make sure it is not the cause, it might simply be a dirty contact that even though you release the DOF switch, it is still remaining on.

Crash

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:55 PM   #18

Alex

I am In agreement With mtngal. I am very happy For you that It Worked. But i think If you can get the camera looked at Even if it has to go to Pentax Europe, I would still get It looked At.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:02 PM   #19

Dear Pentaxians,

Sending the camera overseas from here Israel, really is a big issue!, as must be registered at the customs & when be back I will need to pay VAT again, (If Pentax Repair Station overseas don't charge for checking...!?), if yes again customs fee + VAT to ALL together (Air mail return deliverer!)

So I decided to "AVOID" the DOF feature at the camera power switch...NO more turn it to the "Right' to see HOW the diaphragm blades closes!:idea:

Have all of you a lovely Holiday + an a very prosperous 2008 year!

Peace,