Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:57 PM   #1

A very dark and windy night with Rainstorms blowing in. The Moon was ina nd out of clouds being pushed along by 45+ mile per hour winds. Quite chilly at 40 degrees and those winds. Got these even though it was so dark I dould only wind the focus over to infinity and let the close stuff blur..A few were pretty decent though..

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:42 PM   #2

My favorite lens, Dawg. Nicely done!

Eddie
Eddie OM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:59 PM   #3

Hope I can shoot shots like that when I learn how to shoot with my 50mm 1.7 manual lens.
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:55 PM   #4

Eddie OM35 wrote:
Quote:
My favorite lens, Dawg. Nicely done!

Eddie
Thanks Eddie! These were not focused as well as I would have liked but it was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face...I had to time a thin section of cloud passing over to get a second or two's glimps of the moon...They were not that close together either so I had to wait and shiver!! BRRRR! Yes it was cold!! LOL

Dawg
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:00 PM   #5

Fl_Gulfer wrote:
Quote:
Hope I can shoot shots like that when I learn how to shoot with my 50mm 1.7 manual lens.
Set your tripod up in a place you can see the moon. Works best on a partly cloudy night..This one was a heavy cloudy one with just glimpses of the moon. Put your ISO at 100 and use manual settings. Put the F/stop at the widest aperture. Focus on the moon if you have the light for it or just put it to infinity focus. Then start at 1/8 of a second exposure with auto white balance. Shot na photo...If it is too underexoposed...Too dark...Then use a slower shutter speed. I move the shutter speed two clicks every time I change it. Keep slowing down the shutter speed till you get the photo you want. Easy and I know you can do it...Be waiting on those photo posts soon!!

Dawg
Old Dec 23, 2007, 8:19 AM   #6

I find that my SMC 50mm 1.4 lens prefers to be focused from left to right. I get a much sharper photo that way. I just got the FA 50mm 1.4 autofocus and am seriously loving this one too! These are great lenses!!!

Eddie
Eddie OM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:18 AM   #7

Eddie OM35 wrote:
Quote:
I find that my SMC 50mm 1.4 lens prefers to be focused from left to right. I get a much sharper photo that way. I just got the FA 50mm 1.4 autofocus and am seriously loving this one too! These are great lenses!!!

Eddie
I'm looking to get an FA myself but it will have to wait till I get the long lens(500mm) before I can afford one!

Dawg