Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 24, 2007, 7:49 PM   #11

More and More gorgeous photos. Everyone has the right to substitute later if they wish...but why would you? These are beautiful!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 7:51 PM   #12

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
BTW Dawg, the shot of your granddaughter is one of my favorite shots I've seen posted in this forum by anybody.
Thanks ...I was very lucky with that one!

Dawg
Old Dec 24, 2007, 9:10 PM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
More and More gorgeous photos. Everyone has the right to substitute later if they wish...but why would you?* These are beautiful!

Dawg
2008 is still a few days away. Hope the God of photography can grant me an audience of a couple of seconds for one last shot of the yr. I can still remember last Dec before the yr end I had a woodpecker on my left hand and my Zenitar 16mm on the my right hand. The luck shot has not come back though.

So far I am happy with the following shots taken this yr all with my 300mmF4. Those came after 6000 blurry shots and 1 yrs of practice

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:04 PM   #14

Your Practise and patience have done you well Daniel. Your BIF's have given me enjoyment the whole year!

Dawg
Old Dec 24, 2007, 11:29 PM   #15

I have only produced one picture this year that is worthy of showing here!

...but I guess I still have a couple of days to go!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 7:49 AM   #16
TDN

[align=center]Some great photos here already!

Here are mine, taken from my portfolio.

This one was shot a day after I got my Jupiter-9 85mm f2. I love how this lens makes the subject "pop out". On this photo I got a comment that said it had a magnum-style to it. Talk about a great compliment...

As I mentioned before, humor in street photography is very important for me. This was one of days where everything seemed to fall into place I love those days...

And finally, my best concert photograph of the entire year, at least for me. This Belgian singer is well-known for his goofing off on stage. He had this expression on his face for only a split second, right when I pressed the shutter. Just a perfect moment

Tom
[/align]
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 8:58 AM   #17

TDN wrote:
Quote:
[align=center]

And finally, my best concert photograph of the entire year, at least for me. This Belgian singer is well-known for his goofing off on stage. He had this expression on his face for only a split second, right when I pressed the shutter. Just a perfect moment

Tom
[/align]
I don't think you posted this one earlier. Stunningly timely shots . Great composition as well. Maybe I should shop for something decent between my 50mm & 135mm.

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:17 AM   #18

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
I have only produced one picture this year that is worthy of showing here!

...but I guess I still have a couple of days to go!
If you were to post only one , then you posted a good one> That is such a joyful photo...I only wish I had a good camera when I had my Thor alive...(He is the Avatar) I use him as my Avatar to honor him and keep his memory alive!

Dawg
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:22 AM   #19

TDN wrote:
Quote:
[align=center]Some great photos here already!

Here are mine, taken from my portfolio.

This one was shot a day after I got my Jupiter-9 85mm f2. I love how this lens makes the subject "pop out". On this photo I got a comment that said it had a magnum-style to it. Talk about a great compliment...

As I mentioned before, humor in street photography is very important for me. This was one of days where everything seemed to fall into place I love those days...

Tom
[/align]
Really good ones Tom...I don't have that kind of street life going on here in this rural section of Alabama....Might find something on a Summer or Spring Saturday morning but the Super shopping centers have robbed the urban areas of their people in most places. And they have nearly stopped putting in sidewalks every where!

Dawg
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:48 AM   #20

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Here are mine - the first is probably my all-time favorite. There are some later ones I might like as much as the other two. It was hard leaving out a butterfly, but I couldn't make a choice, and I didn't want to use any composite photos - that would be sneaking in extra images.

Very nice Penolta, is that a golden ground wasp? I saw some of those for the first time this summer (had to google to figure out what they were) and found them to be very elusive.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote