Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:10 PM   #71

David French wrote:
Quote:
I narrowed my list down to 12 photos, and after a few early cuts, it became very difficult to choose.** Here are my pics, in order of increasing favoriteness.

Piano Solo - Olympus C-7070

Focal Point - Olympus C-7070

American Horse - Minolta XG-1, 50mm f/1.4 MD Rokkor-X, Fuji Superia Reala 100 ISO, ND Filter

2007, my second full year of serious photography, was a good year, but my Olympus point and shoot was really beginning to frustrate me.* Christmas left me with a D80, a 17-55 f2.8 lens, and a nice flash.* So far it's been unbelievable working with that thing after suffering so long with the C-7070.* I'm really looking forward to shooting in the new year.
From time to time we have non-Pentax pict posted in here which is great. Apparently great camera. I like the last one too

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:15 PM   #72

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Well,* here we go:

Secondly,* from July,* the RCMP musical ride: (SMC A 70-210mm f4,* thank's Roy)

Ira
I don't think I saw the rcmp shot. Likely I missed that . Great one together with your simple bokeh shots

Daniel
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:28 PM   #73

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
David French wrote:
Quote:
I narrowed my list down to 12 photos, and after a few early cuts, it became very difficult to choose. Here are my pics, in order of increasing favoriteness.

American Horse - Minolta XG-1, 50mm f/1.4 MD Rokkor-X, Fuji Superia Reala 100 ISO, ND Filter

2007, my second full year of serious photography, was a good year, but my Olympus point and shoot was really beginning to frustrate me. Christmas left me with a D80, a 17-55 f2.8 lens, and a nice flash. So far it's been unbelievable working with that thing after suffering so long with the C-7070. I'm really looking forward to shooting in the new year.
From time to time we have non-Pentax pict posted in here which is great. Apparently great camera. I like the last one too

Daniel
Oops! I didn't even notice that this was for Pentax only. I don't pay much attention to what forum I'm in; rather, I just use the 'Recent' button and post away.
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:45 PM   #74

markmorb wrote:
Quote:
Well, seeing as that I only had my K10D for the last couple of weeks of 2007 I don't have a lot to choose from just yet.....

Anyway from my one trip out with it so far I would pick these three:
Mark,

Great shots. But how come they were all wreckage? Well that was last yr anyway and you had so little time to run in.

Daniel
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:53 PM   #75

Nothing wrong with those shots David...Ira I like the little girl photo a lot. All these are really fine photos!!!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:42 PM   #76

David French wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
David French wrote:
Quote:
I narrowed my list down to 12 photos, and after a few early cuts, it became very difficult to choose. Here are my pics, in order of increasing favoriteness.

2007, my second full year of serious photography, was a good year, but my Olympus point and shoot was really beginning to frustrate me. Christmas left me with a D80, a 17-55 f2.8 lens, and a nice flash. So far it's been unbelievable working with that thing after suffering so long with the C-7070. I'm really looking forward to shooting in the new year.

Daniel
Oops! I didn't even notice that this was for Pentax only. I don't pay much attention to what forum I'm in; rather, I just use the 'Recent' button and post away.
Don't worry about it David, just pointing out that this may have been a good time to buy a Pentax so you could hang out with these fine folks all of the time.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:51 PM   #77

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
I don't think I saw the rcmp shot. Likely I missed that . Great one together with your simple bokeh shots

Daniel
Thanks Daniel, I really like the way that one came out.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 2:16 AM   #78

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
markmorb wrote:
Quote:
Well, seeing as that I only had my K10D for the last couple of weeks of 2007 I don't have a lot to choose from just yet.....

Anyway from my one trip out with it so far I would pick these three:
Mark,

Great shots. But how come they were all wreckage? Well that was last yr anyway and you had so little time to run in.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel....I only managed to grab a brief hour so I had a wander around the fishing fleet just down the road from me...most of the boats were out so I made use of the wrecks that are laying around. I think they have a lot of character and interesting textures....although I'm perhaps subconciously commenting on my innermost emotions
markmorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 3:27 AM   #79

welcome to the board mark. hope to see more from you..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:55 AM   #80

my 2 cents:

Attached Images

Lando is offline   Reply With Quote