Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 26, 2007, 1:07 AM   #11

Santa was good it to me. He left a Pentax 16-45 MM zoom , a battery grip and extra battery, for my K10D.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:37 AM   #12

Well, I got my wife a K100D Super and a five million dollar home!!

Perhaps I should explain, the Crumpler bag that I put the K100D Super into is called the "Five million dollar home". Sorry for any confusion that may have caused, any pleas for money will be ignored due to lack of funds.

It was her turn, and I get my nice chrome DL back (it actually focuses more accurately with the wide aperture primes than my DS does).

The K100D Super certainly shows the strides that Pentax has made with jpeg quality from this old 6MP sensor, the jpegs from that camera are superb.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:48 PM   #13

All I got was a book, too. Tao of Photography. Probably because my hubbie knows I've been looking at lenses and haven't actually decided what I want to get yet. And, he knows once I do I'll just get it.

But, I'm happy with the book. Looks quite interesting. And, maybe it will make me a better photographer.:-)
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:13 AM   #14

The wife and I got a Sleep Number Bed...Then I asked where my new lens was....All I got For Christmas Was A Dirty Look!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:22 AM   #15

I didn't get any gifts that were specific to photography, but there was an amusing coincidence. Two of my three sons....living in different states....got me the exact same bird identification guide (the Smithsonian guide to birds of Eastern North America).

But, the best present I got was probably the opportunity to spend several hours out in the field shooting birds, landscapes,and Christmas lights with my youngest son, then comparing shots and critiques etc.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:46 AM   #16

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
The wife and I got a Sleep Number Bed...Then I asked where my new lens was....All I got For Christmas Was A Dirty Look!! LOL
Dawg
Hey. You have some good lens costing $3.99 plus shipping $7 . You should be happy

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:57 AM   #17

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
The K100D Super certainly shows the strides that Pentax has made with jpeg quality from this old 6MP sensor,* the jpegs from that camera are superb.

Ira
I bought for my daughter in the States K100S plus Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 macro EX 5 months ago I have not tested but she likes it. It is US$359 after rebate. Great price and great product

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:03 AM   #18

I guess my hints re. the 16mm Zenitar Fisheye took root, I was presented with a very clean sample of this lens, hardly looks to have been used at all. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:35 AM   #19
TDN

I got a collection "The greatest photographers", in a huge printing format

http://www.demorgen.be/static/nmc/pr...guage=nl#boven

It was published by a Belgian newspaper, and is a beautiful collection of some of the world's best photographers.

I'm a happy camper

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:20 PM   #20

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:

Dawg
My wife and I got one of those last year and she swears by it, and I swear at it.:? She is #45, and I have that bad boy cranked up to #100!
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote