Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:58 PM   #21

My duaghter is the only one who ever got me photo stuff as a gift. A tirpod filter sets etc. This year a cool multi frame for prints. Every one else is always affraid of buying the wrong thing. So I get clothes. which is cool sense I hate buying clothes for myself.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 7:40 PM   #22

I didn't get anything for my Pentax DL, butwonderful wife bought me a 4 week course at Bryan Peterson's Picture Perfect School of Photography. The course is called "Capturing the Beauty of Flowers". It is taught by two instructors, one from Maine and one from Washington State, which is where I live.

We don't have any photo courses out here other then the Junior college, so I'm really looking forward to this. It appears to be a really nice setup with a virual class room that you log into and can interact with the instructors and classmates. Anyway, I couldn't ask for a nicer Christmas gift and will let you know how it goes - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 8:29 PM   #23

bper wrote:
Quote:
I didn't get anything for my Pentax DL, butwonderful wife bought me a 4 week course at Bryan Peterson's Picture Perfect School of Photography. The course is called "Capturing the Beauty of Flowers". It is taught by two instructors, one from Maine and one from Washington State, which is where I live.

We don't have any photo courses out here other then the Junior college, so I'm really looking forward to this. It appears to be a really nice setup with a virual class room that you log into and can interact with the instructors and classmates. Anyway, I couldn't ask for a nicer Christmas gift and will let you know how it goes - Bruce
I look forward to hearing more about it.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:03 PM   #24

I didnt get anything for christmas except clothes, so I bought myself a new K100D super body so I could use all those leftover lens's from the departed K100D and just for the fun of it, I got one of the new Panasonic FZ-18s to use as a walkaround for a bit.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:25 AM   #25

bper wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to know more about that as well.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 11:58 AM   #26

Nikon D80, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, SB-600 Speedlight, Maha/Powerex NiMH batteries, Promaster Circular Polarizer.

Yes, it seems that I made out like a bandit, but this is a long time coming, after years of suffering with a point and shoot.

I'm free!
David French is offline   Reply With Quote