Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:19 PM   #1

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2

you're making these too big.. gotta scroll to view..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:47 AM   #3

robar wrote:
Quote:
you're making these too big.. gotta scroll to view..

roy
It's the frames that does it Roy....You need the Firefox image resizer plugin...It makes all images fit the screen with out you doing anything. But for those that refuse to get one I'll downsize these to around 800X600.

Dawg
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:53 AM   #4

There now is that better for you?

Dawg
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:54 AM   #5
TC3

Hi Dawg....nice pics

Sorry but why should anyone have to download a program to view your pics without scrolling and do not forget not everyone has admin rights to add programs to work laptops or pc's. Even without the frames the pics are still too big :G

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:34 PM   #6

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg....nice pics

Sorry but why should anyone have to download a program to view your pics without scrolling and do not forget not everyone has admin rights to add programs to work laptops or pc's. Even without the frames the pics are still too big :G

Tony
My pics are all set to 1024 X 685 as the most common screen resolution on the web these days is 1024 X 768...If your IT guy hasn't set your resolution to that or you haven't then you are missing out as that is the resolution most used today. As for the frames they are usually added after the resizing. I'll try resize afterwards from now on! My screen resolution is set to 1152 X 864 with a refresh rate of 75 and 32 bit color. On my 21 inch monitor I can go to 1920 X 1440 with a 82 refresh rate so I sometimes forget others aren't using one like this. Any inconvienience is to you I will say I'm sorry but the photos if viewed at 1024 X 685 as I normally resize them are much better and I will continue to put them there. Any smaller then my old eyes have a hard time viewing them as the detail is lost....Too many years welding will do that to you.

Dawg
Old Dec 26, 2007, 12:55 PM   #7

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg....nice pics

Tony
Oh yeah you don't have to add the program to your personal laptop or PC but why would you not? After using it for a while I wouldn't be without it!! LOL

Dawg
Old Dec 26, 2007, 2:41 PM   #8
TC3

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg....nice pics

Tony
Oh yeah you don't have to add the program to your personal laptop or PC but why would you not? After using it for a while I wouldn't be without it!! LOL

Dawg
Well i have a new Sony laptop and keep as much crap off as i can. Happy with Internet Explorer and see no need to download Firefox.....who knows what crap downloads with it. It is a very rare occasion when i need to scroll to see a whole pic anyhow

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 3:08 PM   #9

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg....nice pics

Tony

Dawg
Well i have a new Sony laptop and keep as much crap off as i can. Happy with Internet Explorer and see no need to download Firefox.....who knows what crap downloads with it. It is a very rare occasion when i need to scroll to see a whole pic anyhow

Tony
To each his own man...I may start back using the 800X600 format as that is what I used for several years with my Kodak...Hows the new lap top doing...I will be in the hunt for one myself soon so I can use the new camera control in the last Firmware upgrade...Be nice to shoot and view from my porch with the camera a few feet from the bird feeders! Got to look for which one I want...The wife is going to foot the bill on this one so I can splurge a little!! LOL Be using TBAM....That's The Battle Axes Money for those that need to know!! LOL

Dawg

Old Dec 26, 2007, 6:12 PM   #10

I know that lens flare is normally a bad thing but I think it makes your first shot more interesting Dawg.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote