Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:02 AM   #11

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Heres the table in its original form.
Thanks very much, that's nice & clear. This all seems very sensible, and shouldn't be much of a nuisance for most people. Whether security staff everywhere will be expert enough to apply these rules competently may be a different matter, however.

It will be a good thing if it encourages photographers to understand the difference between Li & Li-ion systems.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:08 AM   #12

Alan T wrote:
Quote:
Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Heres the table in its original form.
Thanks very much, that's nice & clear. This all seems very sensible, and shouldn't be much of a nuisance for most people. Whether security staff everywhere will be expert enough to apply these rules competently may be a different matter, however.

It will be a good thing if it encourages photographers to understand the difference between Li & Li-ion systems.
I'm more concerned that TSA screeners may not understand the difference between Li & Li-ion batteries...
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:37 AM   #13

Your not wrong there Jason,

It says Lithium batteries containing up to 8gm of Lithium content, nowhere on my batteries does it say how much lithium is in the actual battery.

The screeners are likley to have a small set of scales and weigh the bloody batteries as you come through and go "Hey this K10D Lithium battery weighs 77gms (which is does), you can't take this onboard!"

God help me when I try to get my Canon Printer battery through, it weighs 238gms

Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote