Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:31 PM   #11

Motorman wrote:
Quote:
Alright,Thanks for a warm welcome so far! I cant wait to start posting some pics on this forum.As far as cave pics(I have many)I have yet to take any with the Pentax.Not that I don't want to but not with mine yet.I need to get outfitted for it.I have a Kodak P880 8 meg camera(actually have 2 of them)I use now in a Pelican water tight foam filled case.2 Vivitar 285hv flashes with Firefly slaves deticated for the extremes of the caving I do.I will wait for the new to wear of unless someone like Dawg can donate theirs:roll:to be dragged through the bowels of the earth.

The Kodak is serving me well for this now.Has the features simular to a DSLR just can't swap lenses.Has RAW and TIFF and takes great jpegs.Good color and surprises me and others constantly with great photos.Check this board and some others.DPReview had a review of this cam and held up well there.If you don't mine me posting some in the future here I will.If I do I will always credit the cam I used.

I do have Pentax pics to post just not in cave photos,sorry if I have dissapointed...

I do promise as soon as I feel comfortable going down with it I will!

Thanks again for the warm welcome

You can have it when they pry my cold dead fingers from it!!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:12 PM   #12

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Motorman wrote:
Quote:
Alright,Thanks for a warm welcome so far! I cant wait to start posting some pics on this forum.As far as cave pics(I have many)I have yet to take any with the Pentax.Not that I don't want to but not with mine yet.I need to get outfitted for it.I have a Kodak P880 8 meg camera(actually have 2 of them)I use now in a Pelican water tight foam filled case.2 Vivitar 285hv flashes with Firefly slaves deticated for the extremes of the caving I do.I will wait for the new to wear of unless someone like Dawg can donate theirs:roll:to be dragged through the bowels of the earth.

The Kodak is serving me well for this now.Has the features simular to a DSLR just can't swap lenses.Has RAW and TIFF and takes great jpegs.Good color and surprises me and others constantly with great photos.Check this board and some others.DPReview had a review of this cam and held up well there.If you don't mine me posting some in the future here I will.If I do I will always credit the cam I used.

I do have Pentax pics to post just not in cave photos,sorry if I have dissapointed...

Dawg
If you can find it,I mean if LD can find it.....:roll:
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:35 PM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
oh gawd(banging head on granite), we've had the dawg and it looks like it drug in the cat.... probation period is one week, then we get nasty..!!! lol

welcome to the board laryy. i'm ready for the cave shots also:shock:.. we usually post here at upto 800-900 wide and 72 dpi..
depending on mood and if i've posted to another forum i use the mutiple post optionor my photobucket acc. to do so here. usually if you're telling a tale, photobucket is best as you can finish it before posting.

DAWG!! if you'd get rid of that 200dpi avatar it would leave more room for pix. i neverhave to scroll a 800dpi image.

roy
Heck now yer pickin' on poor Thor and he cain't defend hisself!! LOL

Awww see ya' made him cry!!
yeah right,,,, actually a 200 avatar affects nothing as our descrips take up more..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:44 PM   #14

Welcome Larry. Your connection with Ed will not be held against you. If he's peckin' on you, just tell us and we'll tell his wife.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:21 PM   #15

Motorman wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Motorman wrote:
Quote:

Dawg
If you can find it,I mean if LD can find it.....:roll:
Fuuuunnnyyyy!! HootHoot!!LOL

Dawg

Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:24 PM   #16

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Welcome Larry. Your connection with Ed will not be held against you. If he's peckin' on you, just tell us and we'll tell his wife.

Kjell
EEEEEEEEKK!!!!!You wouldn't now would you???? She is the one that has the guns!!

Dawg

Lil" Dawg on a good day!
Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:32 AM   #17

Hi Larry,

welcome to the tribe.

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:01 AM   #18

Hi, Larry, and welcome to the group. It's a very easy going and friendly group to be around.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:37 AM   #19

Wow ,the warm welcome continues,thanks everyone,I am already feeling at home.The forum here is so large and covers so much I am still getting my mind wrapped around it and may take a little time.Between learning the new camera and my other important things in my life I am getting spread a little thin and do want to respond to everybody.

I would like to start posting some photos but as I am leaving this rainy morning to go camping with some of my friends in the mountains the for New Year,that will have to wait till after the 1st.

I do want to wish all a Happy New Year!Please be safe and know I will be thinking of all my new friends.....

And Patty I viewed your Christmas light photo you posted,how nice,and RAW too!This will be my next step with my K10D.Have taken a few but have not got deep yet and hope some may share their knowledge when I am ready..

All the best!

Later,

Larry
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote