Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:33 PM   #11

my ''study'' is 10x10' room,,it's got all the computer stuff in it, 2 monitors, 2 printers, four other wall mounted shelves. a 3' high filing cabinet, ebay boxes galore,a floor to ceiling 4' book case, a 3x5' drafting table that always horizontal and all my photog gear!!!. it's the damn drafting table's fault.. there's just WAY TO MUCH EXPANSE not to have 3 or 4 projects going at the same time... forget the closet!!!

on the slob's road forever,
roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:57 PM   #12

Dawg, welcome to SA! Slobs Anonymous...my name is Ron & I'm a slob! Admitting that you're a slob is half of the problem! :GDon't feel bad, I spent $400 on a new desk to keep all the equipment, gear, pictures, & frames on. Now, at last count, I've got 8 boxes full of framed enlargements, etc. piled on & under the desk & I can't sit at it. BUT...it's still better than before the desk purchase.

Good luck with the resolution but I figure that if that's all my loving wife has to complain about me...she's doing good!

Ron

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:32 PM   #13

Hi Guys,

I knew there was a reason I liked it here -- kindred spirits I'd say. . .:-).

I'm constantly finding little forgotten gems amongst the clutter, so for me, it's a good thing -- kinda like 24/7 365 Christmas! :shock:.

However, I've recently made an effort to organize my gear using a couple of those 3-drawer plastic storage units (I figured that I wouldn't spend too much money on this project since it's unlikely to change 57 years of mentally organized chaos). Everything except the multitudes of bags I've collected fits, and until I take something out to actually use it, it's very organized, but it's a PIA to keep it that way, so I'm thinking that this is just a phase that I'll eventually get over. . .:evil:.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:42 PM   #14

probably so scott,, i do, but it always comes back..

as mentioned above, i've yet to see a resolution from the OP.. maybe he gave up.. i know i have... well, at least until the next time.........

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:42 PM   #15

ishino wrote:
Quote:
i always tell people i have an organized mess. ask me where something is, i know exactly which pile i threw it in (most of the time). i spent an hour this morning trying to find the blockbuster video card. still can't find it... i'm thinking someone must have moved it when i wasn't looking... cause i swear it's always in the pile in my top left desk drawer. but my camera lenses are always stored in camera bags in the closet.
I have the same Organized Mess...But my wife is the one who knows where everything is...Not ME!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:45 PM   #16

Motorman wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I think the only thing I can say here is SNAP!

I am complemented at work for being tidy and knowing where every little computer part is.

At home, though.........

Wifey is always ranting at me for have camera gear spread over every room.

Dal
Dal I'm thinking of getting a glass front book shelf and making some sort of holder to store the lenses....And I'm getting rid of a lot of unused lens as I have waaayyy too many and a lot of duplication in focal lengths....Now to find a fellow slob to dump them on!! LOL

Dawg
I am sure some slob will takem too,if you can findem.....LOL
Can you hear the Beeper of the truck in your drive as he backs up to your door??? Dump...Dump!!

Dawg
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:49 PM   #17

Motorman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I painfully reread this a couple of more times and it would seem that the slob that wrote this failed to disclose what his New YearResolution is.I can't find it in there ...anywhere...I just can't find it....I've looked and looked...
Am I going to have to drive 50 miles to Jasper and ask George Lindsay to loan me Goober's Hat with the brim turned up....I know it didn't help him keep stuff from flying over his head but yer taller!! Duh Huh....If Delbert knows then you should....Or maybe you don't listen to John Boy and Billy!

Dawg

Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:56 PM   #18

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Motorman wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
I think the only thing I can say here is SNAP!

I am complemented at work for being tidy and knowing where every little computer part is.

At home, though.........

Wifey is always ranting at me for have camera gear spread over every room.

Dal
Dal I'm thinking of getting a glass front book shelf and making some sort of holder to store the lenses....And I'm getting rid of a lot of unused lens as I have waaayyy too many and a lot of duplication in focal lengths....Now to find a fellow slob to dump them on!! LOL

Dawg
I am sure some slob will takem too,if you can findem.....LOL
Can you hear the Beeper of the truck in your drive as he backs up to your door??? Dump...Dump!!

Dawg
Wow,really...tell LD thanks for finding for me..I know she has to be happier now,less lenses to keep up with!LOL Now where shall I put them so I can find them when I need them....
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 7:58 PM   #19

Now Paul that is where I draw a line...My pickup like my tool box is orderly and I jump the wife if she puts a gum wrapper in the ashtray!!LOL

Dawg

Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:00 PM   #20

I have a room for my camera gear. It is all over the place and in no order. When I am in there trying to find something my wife will stand in the doorway and give me THAT great big smile.

My New years resoulation is to get more keepers.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote