Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:21 PM   #1

As my wife has told me for the last 3 or four years I'm a slob when it comes to my computer room and my camera's and equipment...I don't put them up or away the way I should...I don't keep them as clean as I should...I know I'm a slob...Sloppy is as sloppy does Mr. Gump would say so I guess I'm sloppy and careless with my equipment....I don't know why...At work my tool box has a place for everything and everything in it's place a Surgeon would be proud!..But my computer room looks like tha aftermath of someone opening Fibber McGee's closet...Stuff scattered from Hades to breakfast and piles of stuff I don't even remember! I'm a slob.....If I keep saying this maybe I'll believe it....The evidence is there to see but I'm in denial.....I'm a slob....The straw that broke the camel's back was when I wanted to shoot using my Vivitar 105 macro lens....I couldn't find it....I went berserk....Throwing things all over and tunning the house upside down... The wife met me in the hall with arms on hips and a not too happy expression on her face...."What are you doing?'she asked...."I'm looking for a lens." I said...So she told me to calm down and sit down and she would round up all my lenses ....I goes to watch the history channel for a while....Then she brings me a lens..."Is this it?" she asked. No I says that's a takumar 200mm f/5.6...Where was it? She said the sock drawer.....So she went on looking and bringing me lens I had forgotten I even had....NOT ONe WAS FOUND WHERE I NORMALLY STORE THEM!!!!!!! In the Kitchen cabinet,,,In the bathroom vanity...In the closet in a shoe box,,,,Under the bed in a storage box...In the desk drawer in the computer room...In the truck....In paper sacks in the Great room behind the couch!! I remember each and every one but I don't remember putting them where she found them. I told her that the lens I was looking for was in a square leather case and new.....She went to the entertainment center in the dinning room and pulled it out....How in the Good Lord's name did it ever get there??? Turns out my grandson was using it like a model car and pushing it around on the floor making car noises and the wife took it away and put it up so it wouldn't get harmed.....Same type story only different with each one.....I'm a slob....I know I can and should do better,,,I love my cameras and my lens...I had to save my money to buy all of them...You'd think I'd take better care of them....I've got aluminum cases to keep them in and I had to save my money to get THEM....But I'm a slob... I have to change as the lenses I'm trying to save for now are going to be exponentially higher in cost than the cheapo's I've been buying on Ebay...But I'm a slob....HEY...I'M - A - SLOB...I get it!!! I believe it!!!....Thanks folks for convincing me!!....Now what did I say?.....Sigh ....SHE says I'm a slob...Am I???

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:45 PM   #2

I think the only thing I can say here is SNAP!

I am complemented at work for being tidy and knowing where every little computer part is.

At home, though.........

Wifey is always ranting at me for have camera gear spread over every room.

Dal
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 1:43 PM   #3

You have convinced me...you are a SLOB...maybe like the rest of us....:G
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:25 PM   #4

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

I am complemented at work for being tidy and knowing where every little computer part is.

At home, though.........

Dal
Dal I'm thinking of getting a glass front book shelf and making some sort of holder to store the lenses....And I'm getting rid of a lot of unused lens as I have waaayyy too many and a lot of duplication in focal lengths....Now to find a fellow slob to dump them on!! LOL

Dawg
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:28 PM   #5

Motorman wrote:
Quote:
You have convinced me...you are a SLOB...maybe like the rest of us....:G
I really hope not....I don't like Bull Dawgs Named UGA!!! And I have claustrophobia and a fear of dark places!

Dawg
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:51 PM   #6

i always tell people i have an organized mess. ask me where something is, i know exactly which pile i threw it in (most of the time). i spent an hour this morning trying to find the blockbuster video card. still can't find it... i'm thinking someone must have moved it when i wasn't looking... cause i swear it's always in the pile in my top left desk drawer. but my camera lenses are always stored in camera bags in the closet.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:23 PM   #7

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

At home, though.........

Dal
Dal I'm thinking of getting a glass front book shelf and making some sort of holder to store the lenses....And I'm getting rid of a lot of unused lens as I have waaayyy too many and a lot of duplication in focal lengths....Now to find a fellow slob to dump them on!! LOL

Dawg
I am sure some slob will takem too,if you can findem.....LOL
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:30 PM   #8

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
As my wife has told me for the last 3 or four years I'm a slob when it comes to my computer room and my camera's and equipment...I don't put them up or away the way I should...I don't keep them as clean as I should...I know I'm a slob...Sloppy is as sloppy does Mr. Gump would say so I guess I'm sloppy and careless with my equipment....I don't know why...At work my tool box has a place for everything and everything in it's place a Surgeon would be proud!..But my computer room looks like tha aftermath of someone opening Fibber McGee's closet...Stuff scattered from Hades to breakfast and piles of stuff I don't even remember! I'm a slob.....If I keep saying this maybe I'll believe it....The evidence is there to see but I'm in denial.....I'm a slob....The straw that broke the camel's back was when I wanted to shoot using my Vivitar 105 macro lens....I couldn't find it....I went berserk....Throwing things all over and tunning the house upside down... The wife met me in the hall with arms on hips and a not too happy expression on her face...."What are you doing?'she asked...."I'm looking for a lens." I said...So she told me to calm down and sit down and she would round up all my lenses ....I goes to watch the history channel for a while....Then she brings me a lens..."Is this it?" she asked. No I says that's a takumar 200mm f/5.6...Where was it? She said the sock drawer.....So she went on looking and bringing me lens I had forgotten I even had....NOT ONe WAS FOUND WHERE I NORMALLY STORE THEM!!!!!!! In the Kitchen cabinet,,,In the bathroom vanity...In the closet in a shoe box,,,,Under the bed in a storage box...In the desk drawer in the computer room...In the truck....In paper sacks in the Great room behind the couch!! I remember each and every one but I don't remember putting them where she found them. I told her that the lens I was looking for was in a square leather case and new.....She went to the entertainment center in the dinning room and pulled it out....How in the Good Lord's name did it ever get there??? Turns out my grandson was using it like a model car and pushing it around on the floor making car noises and the wife took it away and put it up so it wouldn't get harmed.....Same type story only different with each one.....I'm a slob....I know I can and should do better,,,I love my cameras and my lens...I had to save my money to buy all of them...You'd think I'd take better care of them....I've got aluminum cases to keep them in and I had to save my money to get THEM....But I'm a slob... I have to change as the lenses I'm trying to save for now are going to be exponentially higher in cost than the cheapo's I've been buying on Ebay...But I'm a slob....HEY...I'M - A - SLOB...I get it!!! I believe it!!!....Thanks folks for convincing me!!....Now what did I say?.....Sigh ....SHE says I'm a slob...Am I???

Dawg
I painfully reread this a couple of more times and it would seem that the slob that wrote this failed to disclose what his New YearResolution is.I can't find it in there ...anywhere...I just can't find it....I've looked and looked...
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:23 PM   #9

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
At work my tool box has a place for everything and everything in it's place a Surgeon would be proud!..But my computer room looks like tha aftermath of someone opening Fibber McGee's closet...Stuff scattered from Hades to breakfast and piles of stuff I don't even remember!
I think this is called being a selective slob. My students are constantly making fun of my system of piles of notes, essays, etc. that find their way all over the room, but they're amazed when I can randomly find any book I want on my shelves and turn to the section of the book that someone has made me think of in discussion. I'm about the same way with my camera equipment and lenses.......BUT.....

We don't want to talk about the rest of my life and there will NEVER be a photo taken, or posted, of the inside of my Blazer. (It's been months since there has been room for anyone else to sit in the front passenger seat.....as for the back.....well, I'm a soccer/tennis coach. Need more be said?)

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:38 PM   #10

One of my favourite sayings:

If a messy desk bears witness of a messy brain, what does an empty desk bear witness of?:blah:

At work I have to use that saying a little too often in self defence...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote