Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:37 AM   #1

I found this guys series of photos, obviously there is some excellent post processing going on. I am really impressed.

I think some of his work is too much, but I would like to try something similar.

http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=2231437

Heres an example...

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:48 AM   #2

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I found this guys sereies of photos, obviously there is some excellent post processing going on.* I am really impressed.

I think some of his work is too much, but I would like to try something similar.

http://photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=2231437

heres an example

Crash
His treatment of light and back light is just out of this world. Very deserved of the compliment he has got. Somehow he did not disclose the method he is using? Likely a combination of PS skill and sharp eye and outstanding sense of a true photographer
Thanks for bringing that to our attention

Daniel, temporarily at DC
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:36 AM   #3

Since the light rays are over the trees in the forground he is either capturing them like this (unlikely I think) or he could be doing manual work in Photoshop or using a photoshop plug-in. For the plug-in it could be Auto FX's Mystical lighting which gives you a ton of control over creating and positioning lighting like this. His images are also very saturated which seems to work quite well. Very nice images no matter how he does it.

http://www.autofx.com

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:35 AM   #4

WOW , thanks for the link crash. if anyone figures this one out, PLEASE, let me know how.. i see at least 2 hours surfing for this technique

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:23 PM   #5

pretty close to 2 hrs. here's a good start on the lighting technique i found over at dpr. haven't read it al but so far it looks good.

LIGHTING

roy
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:35 PM   #6

Some amazing post-processing work. I'm going to have to try it...sometime when I have several hours to learn.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:38 PM   #7

I try not to spend too much time post processing my images, but seeing this technique (thanks for the links Roy and Rob) I can see I might have to while my nights away tweaking my technique.

I usually use PSE 4, but I think I will go out and get CS3 today as I finally can see a reason for some more control over my post processing. (Thats justifying it me :lol

I would like to say though that there is a fine line between photography and photo fantasy. I would describe Rarindra Prakarsa's style as too much processing to be PURE photography and falls too far into ther Photoshop realm.

Having said that though, doesn't mean I won't try a few subtle effects in the occassional image for that special image.

Crash
Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:05 PM   #8

Those are some great photos and very interesting discussion on his possible methods. It is a good thing I am not nearly that good or I would be tempted to quit my job and try to be a pro photographer.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:12 PM   #9

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Those are some great photos and very interesting discussion on his possible methods. It is a good thing I am not nearly that good or I would be tempted to quit my job and try to be a pro photographer.

Tim
yeah , but then you couldn't get the thrill of all those weapons you get to play with.. lol

roy
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:24 AM   #10

Hmmm! Purchased CS3, wow:!: what a difference to PSE4.:shock:

I feel like I just jumped from primary school to University, all new things to learn...lots and lots.

CS3 comes with a training video disc...thank goodness, so at least training videos are easier to follow than a book. :O

Does anyone use Adobe Bridge CS3? Is it any good?

Crash