Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:31 PM   #1
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

Here are a few from a recent trip. The Christmas tree was defished with PT lens. The lens did ok i guess but there was no pics i am so happy with that i would bother to print out. I think most were near enough wide open as i hand held the low light ones

Oh and a Happy New Year to everyone

Cheers

Tony

















TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

They are all very nice, I especially like the first two as I think the Fisheye effect is most effective with them (just my opinion and reflects what I like). The de-fished christmas tree does show what you can do with a fisheye lens to make it look like a regular lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:38 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,327
Default

Tony,

These are great images with the FE! I feel I am in great company now!No. 1 shows the height of the celing of the cathedral and no. 2 effectively captures the tall hallway without much distortion at all. Also love the lighting in no. 2. If you are looking for a recommendation for one to print, No. 2 would be the one for me!

The perpective on no. 7 works very well too (great composition). Overall, the FE works well for architechural shots (both interior and exterior) as it convey a sense of scale that very unique.

All are very well done!

Jay


Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:13 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
nhmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 5,202
Default

These are beautiful, Tony. I like the second and fourth ones. The fourth one for the interesting angle in puts on things. The second one is just plain beautiful.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:26 AM   #5
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
They are all very nice, I especially like the first two as I think the Fisheye effect is most effective with them (just my opinion and reflects what I like). The de-fished christmas tree does show what you can do with a fisheye lens to make it look like a regular lens.
Glad you like em. Most who have seen the pics have different favorites as i guess everyone views the FE effect in different ways.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:33 AM   #6
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Tony,

These are great images with the FE! I feel I am in great company now!No. 1 shows the height of the celing of the cathedral and no. 2 effectively captures the tall hallway without much distortion at all. Also love the lighting in no. 2. If you are looking for a recommendation for one to print, No. 2 would be the one for me!

The perpective on no. 7 works very well too (great composition). Overall, the FE works well for architechural shots (both interior and exterior) as it convey a sense of scale that very unique.

All are very well done!

Jay

Jay thanks for comments. Though it is not to everyone's taste i offend use the FE for architecture and defish as i need. Makes it a very flexible lens.

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:34 AM   #7
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
These are beautiful, Tony. I like the second and fourth ones. The fourth one for the interesting angle in puts on things. The second one is just plain beautiful.

Patty
Thanks for looking Patty

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:00 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,095
Default

Wow, a fisheye certainly transmits the feeling of size well.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:09 PM.