Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2008, 2:31 PM   #1
TC3

Here are a few from a recent trip. The Christmas tree was defished with PT lens. The lens did ok i guess but there was no pics i am so happy with that i would bother to print out. I think most were near enough wide open as i hand held the low light ones

Oh and a Happy New Year to everyone

Cheers

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:10 PM   #2

They are all very nice, I especially like the first two as I think the Fisheye effect is most effective with them (just my opinion and reflects what I like). The de-fished christmas tree does show what you can do with a fisheye lens to make it look like a regular lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:38 PM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Tony,

These are great images with the FE! I feel I am in great company now!No. 1 shows the height of the celing of the cathedral and no. 2 effectively captures the tall hallway without much distortion at all. Also love the lighting in no. 2. If you are looking for a recommendation for one to print, No. 2 would be the one for me!

The perpective on no. 7 works very well too (great composition). Overall, the FE works well for architechural shots (both interior and exterior) as it convey a sense of scale that very unique.

All are very well done!

Jay

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 6:13 PM   #4

These are beautiful, Tony. I like the second and fourth ones. The fourth one for the interesting angle in puts on things. The second one is just plain beautiful.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:26 AM   #5
TC3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
They are all very nice, I especially like the first two as I think the Fisheye effect is most effective with them (just my opinion and reflects what I like). The de-fished christmas tree does show what you can do with a fisheye lens to make it look like a regular lens.
Glad you like em. Most who have seen the pics have different favorites as i guess everyone views the FE effect in different ways.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:33 AM   #6
TC3

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Tony,

These are great images with the FE! I feel I am in great company now!No. 1 shows the height of the celing of the cathedral and no. 2 effectively captures the tall hallway without much distortion at all. Also love the lighting in no. 2. If you are looking for a recommendation for one to print, No. 2 would be the one for me!

The perpective on no. 7 works very well too (great composition). Overall, the FE works well for architechural shots (both interior and exterior) as it convey a sense of scale that very unique.

All are very well done!

Jay

Jay thanks for comments. Though it is not to everyone's taste i offend use the FE for architecture and defish as i need. Makes it a very flexible lens.

Tony

Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:34 AM   #7
TC3

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
These are beautiful, Tony. I like the second and fourth ones. The fourth one for the interesting angle in puts on things. The second one is just plain beautiful.

Patty
Thanks for looking Patty

Tony
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:00 AM   #8

Wow, a fisheye certainly transmits the feeling of size well.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote