Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:55 PM   #11

This is such a WONDERFUL topic! I've spent the last couple of days wandering around looking for reflections and having a great time. I came up with so many possible pictures and haven't had so much fun taking pictures in a long time. Thank you so much for giving me inspiration. For the first time, I've had trouble making up my mind what to submit, and I may still change my mind. There's a couple of pictures I took last month that I want to re-take and see if I can improve, so I might change this later on.

But if not, I think this picture is nice, I really like it. I'll post some of the other pictures I took yesterday and today in another thread - it's been a neat couple of days.

K100, DA 12-24, taken today.

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:33 PM   #12

Great shot! I like this picture too.

mtngal wrote:
Quote:

But if not, I think this picture is nice, I really like it.* I'll post some of the other pictures I took yesterday and today in another thread - it's been a neat couple of days.

K100, DA 12-24, taken today.
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:37 PM   #13

Here is my entry.

Reflections - Muslim lady reflecting on the beach. Trinidad about 2-3 months ago.

Thanh
tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:45 AM   #14

Since this started on the 10th my 55th birthday maybe I will have a good chance....lol

My Toys so Far::
Pentax- K100 & 18x55,, Pentax- A SMC 1:1.7 50mm,, Tamron 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II,, Tamron 70x300 Di,, Sigma 28-70 2.8,, Sears 60x300 M 4.0-5.6 ,, Tamron 1.4 converter,, Megax MX-3000 Tripod, ,, Sigma EF-500 ST Ext. Flash ,, Opteka OPT-HC25 X-Large Pro Aluminum Hard Case/with Magna Cart Personal Hand Truck.
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:16 AM   #15

This is my most recent reflection shot, but it doesn't qualify ... about 101 days since it was shot ...duh!... Jack
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:00 AM   #16

Having seen the inspiring Pentax images above, I thought I should also contribute with sth. Eh, after all, it's been over three months since I got the K10D : )

Here's my capture of reflections from the past...

Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:04 AM   #17

Wonderful window reflections - that's a lovely picture and so appropriate! I love it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:28 AM   #18

Thank you Harriet! Ah, you know, feat comes from compliment : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:44 PM   #19

A desperate attempt at something with a reflection!! It will have to do until I get an opportunity to shoot something with at least some artistic aspirations. "Self portrait in curio cabinet". *istDS with Sigma 24-135mm lens, ISO3200,converted from RAW using Picasa2 with noise reduction through Noiseware Community edition.
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:49 AM   #20

This is an idea I got from my son. He had shot some water drops and I was impressed and liked the pure reflections that came off and through the drop, so I asked him to show me how he did it. For this one its just a plain bowl of water into which I dropped some old fish medicine. I used the medicine because it was outdated and because it was the only thing I could find from which I could get one drop at a time. The water in the bowl is a little blue because this was not the first attempt! In fact it took me about 20 attempts to get this shot. It was shot with ist DL and Tamron 24-135 at its most macro position. I am changing this to anothor photo of the same genre. Its green because of food coloring. I think it fits the theme better since you can see more reflections in the ball.

Glenn

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote