Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 1, 2008, 5:50 PM   #71

A close one between driver's and Kjell.

After repeated comparison , which is futile anyway because of the subject difference, I cast my vote for Kjell

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:05 PM   #72

I'm having a horrible time with this month. All of the shots are wonderful. There's one picture that really grabbed me when I first looked at it, and this morning I had every intention of voting for it. Then I took the time to scroll through all of the photos before I actually posted my vote, and took a much closer look at one of them I had also liked, had commented on, but hadn't remembered very clearly. Now I'm very confused as to which one to vote for. I want to think about it for a day (and I'll have time to do that since it's ending up that I'm not going to have to go to Vegas this weekendafter all).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:58 AM   #73

This is a nasty one! Lots of good entries, but I like Drivers the best . It has great color and strong simple lines.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 8:28 AM   #74

As always with a talented group like this one, some very tough choices. I really like the simplicity of both tdotho's shot of the Muslim lady in the surf and Tom's shot of the pooch looking at the reflection off the water......but I've got to go with Driver's night time shot.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 9:07 PM   #75

Well, this was another tough month for decisions. There are some really nice photos here this month.My vote goes to Driver3. Wonderful photo!

Thanks for the compliment on the topic, Kjell. Looks like everyone has enjoyed it as much asI did.

And, thanks Ishino for the compliment on my photo. Now that I see Driver3's new entry that was similar to what I was wanting to attempt. Hadn't seen he'd changed his until I went to review them today.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 4:23 PM   #76

Many excellent Shots this month. However I also have To go with driver3.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:27 PM   #77

Ok - I've thought about it all weekend. I've gone back and forth thinking about the two pictures I was trying to decide between. I read what others chose and why, which was a good education for me becauseI now appreciate one picture much more than I had when I first looked at it. ButI'm going to vote for the one that stayed in my mind from the first - I'll vote for driver3.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:32 AM   #78

Among the ones commented above I'd favour driver3. Still, I should say ishino's entry quite appealed to me also!

As for tdotho's entry, although I believenoinsult was intended by the poster whileshootingthat interesting image,I find the title 'muslim lady'quite misleading since it has nothing to do withIslam.No verse in theQuran obligingladies wear even headscarves let alone appearing like this:!:Thus,I only see a covered human figure there!! And you cannot know what's there under thecover, can youBtw, Ishould point out that, I could be qualifiedimpartial when monotheistic religions are concerned... Just for your information!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:57 AM   #79

Well, it looks like there's no reason to even count the votes. We seem to have a clear winner at this point. But, to make sure everyone's had a chance to votehow about we close voting in 24 hours from now.

Have a nice day everyone!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:44 AM   #80

I vote for Driver3. Loved the calmness.

Driver, looks like the bridge was lit up just for you to take this photo.

I'm sorry, i just couldn't resist from 'quoting' the post than just plain replying to it.

Driver3 wrote:
Quote:
I would like to change my entry . I think this is a bit more unique!
K10D DA16-45 f4 AL @ 16mm f8 13sec exposure iso100

This was actually taken Thanksgiving Day 2007.

no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote