Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:02 PM   #11

Air Force security, not Airport... i.e., the U.S. Government.
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:13 PM   #12

MP's don't have any authority over civilians off military property, they can hold you until the civil authority arrives, but they can not arrest you legally. Now if you are in the military or retired military, that is a different story.

Standing your ground up to a point is the way to deal with military types since their carrier depends on not doing something that shines a negative light on the base commander. That said, if they used force, I would not resist but demand to see their superior officer.

As I said on the other forum, nice shots.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:19 PM   #13

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Someone might need to repost the photographer's rights again and everyone should have a copy on them. Also from a State right of way you can photograph almost anything unless there is a posting of that being forbidden and then it must be approved by local authorities. They can take you in for questioning but should release you and your photos if nothing is detrimental to their security! A word to the wise...no matter how unpleasant they are be polite and keep your cool....Idiots and imbeciles wear uniforms too! Never know what one might do.

Dawg

Dawg you and I are on the same page.

Wacky roger
I've had some experiences similar to your Roger. A cool head and secure knowledge of the laws pays off...But to get irrate and throw a hissy fit with a couple of armed men is not sane!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:20 PM   #14

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Someone might need to repost the photographer's rights again and everyone should have a copy on them. Also from a State right of way you can photograph almost anything unless there is a posting of that being forbidden and then it must be approved by local authorities. They can take you in for questioning but should release you and your photos if nothing is detrimental to their security! A word to the wise...no matter how unpleasant they are be polite and keep your cool....Idiots and imbeciles wear uniforms too! Never know what one might do.

Dawg

Dawg you and I are on the same page.

Wacky roger
I've had some experiences similar to your Roger. A cool head and secure knowledge of the laws pays off...But to get irrate and throw a hissy fit with a couple of armed men is not sane! Oh yeah...You did good and the photos were worth the flirting with disaster!! LOL

Dawg
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:47 PM   #15

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
MP's don't have any authority over civilians off military property, they can hold you until the civil authority arrives, but they can not arrest you legally. Now if you are in the military or retired military, that is a different story.

Standing your ground up to a point is the way to deal with military types since their carrier depends on not doing something that shines a negative light on the base commander. That said, if they used force, I would not resist but demand to see their superior officer.

As I said on the other forum, nice shots.

Tom
This could be different from state to state but here in California an MP have full police power just like any other cop.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:33 PM   #16

Here's a link to download the Photographer's Rights in pdf.

Click Here
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:33 PM   #17

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
Here's a link to download the Photographer's Rights in pdf.

Click Here
Thank you Rufus!

Dawg
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:35 PM   #18

everyone of these that i checked were taken with a canon.. last time i checked this is a pentax forum..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:00 PM   #19

robar wrote:
Quote:
everyone of these that i checked were taken with a canon.. last time i checked this is a pentax forum..
Well then, I must commend the photographer who got such great shots with the equipment available!
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:27 PM   #20

When I was in the Navy in San Diego, my room mate was a Shore Patrol officer and he did not have full police powers over anyone other than those in the military. Many time the local police would call them in and give them full power, but they had to be asked first.

The same was when I was stationed at Great Lakes in IL, they had no authority over anyone other than military personal, except on base.

Roger, I guess I agree with Roy, those are nice shots, but how about some taken with a Pentax camera instead of your Canon?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote