Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:35 PM   #21

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Roger, I guess I agree with Roy, those are nice shots, but how about some taken with a Pentax camera instead of your Canon?

Tom
yes, i knew you would know i'd get the ball rolling!! i ,as you, think it's inappropriate to post here canon images..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:47 AM   #22

robar wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Roger, I guess I agree with Roy, those are nice shots, but how about some taken with a Pentax camera instead of your Canon?

Tom
yes, i knew you would know i'd get the ball rolling!! i ,as you, think it's inappropriate to post here canon images..
Agree with Tom and ROy - great story, concerning issue, wonderful pictures, but belongs on the Canon forum.
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:56 AM   #23

Something similar happened to me recently. I was taking a class with a friend and the lesson that week was night photography. She lives near the airport, so to pass our time until dark we were parked near the airport taking photos of the planes coming in. Practicing our moving objects skills.

About 20 minutes later a cop shows up and tells us we need to delete the photos and leave. (We were parked in a no parking zone. But, so weren't two others when we first arrived. Guess they knew better than to hang around too long.:-))

He watched us delete each photo one by one and wanted to see each one. Not sure where this stands, but we went home and looked around on the internet and could find nothing that said we couldn't be photographing planes. I was a little upset because he'd made me delete a few really nice sunset photos because he said he could see planes in the horizon. There weren't any.

My husband works on one of the perimeter roads of the airport. A few months ago, while waiting to meet him for lunch, I was taking photos from his work place. Nothing wonderful since I was so far away and only had a 200mm lens. But, my parents were on one of the planes and I thought they'd think it was neat to see what they looked like from my vantage point. Didn't get stopped that day.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:39 AM   #24

don't get me wrong roger.

these are some great shots..

roy
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:50 AM   #25

robar wrote:
Quote:
everyone of these that i checked were taken with a canon.. last time i checked this is a pentax forum..
Hi robar, I figured this thread was a warning for photographers to be carefull and alert when taking photos. I did post the information on the Canon board.

A big part of the story was me showing the MP the photos so he could see they were not of the base. I figured the photos would show what I was talking about. If I hadn't posted the photos to make my point I am sure I would of been asked to so I could prove my point.

If I updet you or anybody else I am sorry. I do think the moderator must of understood this was a warning cuz he didn't move it to the canon board or delete it.

Wacky roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:53 AM   #26

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
When I was in the Navy in San Diego, my room mate was a Shore Patrol officer and he did not have full police powers over anyone other than those in the military. Many time the local police would call them in and give them full power, but they had to be asked first.

The same was when I was stationed at Great Lakes in IL, they had no authority over anyone other than military personal, except on base.

Tom
Hi to YA!!! Tom, all I can say is the same thing I said to Roy.

Hi robar, I figured this thread was a warning for photographers to be carefull and alert when taking photos. I did post the information on the Canon board.

A big part of the story was me showing the MP the photos so he could see they were not of the base. I figured the photos would show what I was talking about. If I hadn't posted the photos to make my point I am sure I would of been asked to so I could prove my point.

If I updet you or anybody else I am sorry. I do think the moderator must of understood this was a warning cuz he didn't move it to the canon board or delete it.

Wacky roger
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:01 PM   #27

Pentax Forum & Canon Photos

Every body has a right to there opinion and I respect that.

My opinion: If someone posts interesting information or in this case a warning and used photos from a cell phone or a old Brownie camera, I would be thankful they took the time to give me a heads up.

Just my opinion, no more no less

Wacky roger
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:41 PM   #28

it's cool roger.

roy
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:46 PM   #29

robar wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Guys,

I seem to remember just about everyone telling Roger how they wouldn't object to his posting some of his Canon shots here after he announced his intention to buy his "dark side" system. Come on -- he's one of our own.

I personally don't have any objection to whatever he decides to post here, and think that considering the subject matter, it's totally appropriate. Besides, those are some great hawk shots. . . :-). . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:52 PM   #30

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
ennacac wrote:
Quote:

Tom
Guys,

I seem to remember just about everyone telling Roger how they wouldn't object to his posting some of his Canon shots here after he announced his intention to buy his "dark side" system. Come on -- he's one of our own.

I personally don't have any objection to whatever he decides to post here, and think that considering the subject matter, it's totally appropriate. Besides, those are some great hawk shots. . . :-). . .

Scott
Thank you very much Scott. I was thinking I remembered the same thing.

Wacky roger