Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 12, 2008, 1:57 PM   #31

WOW!!!

What a interesting thread. I thought I was posting a warning to photographers to pay attention to what is around them and not to be surprised if some one questions them. I posted the photo to make my point about no base information. I also was hoping that some folks might understand that to not be intimidated when they believe they are right is a good thing.

Bottom Line IMHO: It was a good idea to post the thread cuz it seems like it has gotten people to think about a lot of things not just what I intended them to think about. It proves to me that everybody is a individual and thinks differently. Some folks were upset cuz I posted Canon photos on a none canon board and missed the information I was trying to give them. Others were arguing about who was right and who was wrong. Some even came up with some funny things. Some seemed to just enjoy the photos. Others shared their experiences. A very interesting lesson in human behavior.

Thanks to all who participated in the thread.

Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:08 PM   #32

I am of the opinion that any photo taken can be posted anywhere. Pentax as you know does not have what it takes to pull off shots like that (joke). Pentax has a serious long lens availability problemas we all painfully know. The other makes don't.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:26 PM   #33

I like Rogers photos and I like Roger, but the forums are divided up into areas for different cameras so people can share techniques and show others how equipment works that they may be planning to buy, or to show ways to use the gear in different ways.

I have no problem with Roger sharing some of his Canon stuff, but lately it is 90% Canon, which is of little value image wise to those of us that shoot Pentax. This thread is cross platform I agree, but his others lately are not and just like Royce10 and thekman620 that went to Canon, this is not the forum to post their photos unless they are taken with Pentax gear. Try posting your Pentax images on the Canon forum and see where that goes.

By the way, I still communicate with both Hung and Don, but on another forum.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:37 PM   #34

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
I like Rogers photos and I like Roger, but the forums are divided up into areas for different cameras so people can share techniques and show others how equipment works that they may be planning to buy, or to show ways to use the gear in different ways.

I have no problem with Roger sharing some of his Canon stuff, but lately it is 90% Canon, which is of little value image wise to those of us that shoot Pentax. This thread is cross platform I agree, but his others lately are not and just like Royce10 and thekman620 that went to Canon, this is not the forum to post their photos unless they are taken with Pentax gear. Try posting your Pentax images on the Canon forum and see where that goes.

By the way, I still communicate with both Hung and Don, but on another forum.

Tom
Not a problem Tom, folks asked me to continue posting here with my new set up so I have been doing that.

If I understand what you are saying ??? This post was OK but my others is what got you to post about this one.

I have to make a decission. Some asked me to post and others don't want me to post wildlife photos with my canon gear. In real life you can't make everybody happy and I understand that.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:10 AM   #35

Great story, great photos. I have no problem with what camera you used, or where you post your pics. Some people bug out over the smallest things in life. Who cares what gear you use, we're all here for the same reasons. And that's for photography. What if he used a disposable camera and posted those pics/story here?

:|

This brand loyal crap is just outragous sometimes. :roll:
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:23 AM   #36

Flaco wrote:
Quote:
Great story, great photos. I have no problem with what camera you used, or where you post your pics. Some people bug out over the smallest things in life. Who cares what gear you use, we're all here for the same reasons. And that's for photography. What if he used a disposable camera and posted those pics/story here?

:|

This brand loyal crap is just outragous sometimes. :roll:
Flaco, you and I are on the same page. My two brands of comeras are tools for my work no more no less.

Both have their good points and then some things they don't do as well.

Wacky roger
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:17 AM   #37

Similar thing can happen here in UK but on even greater scale. I've read in the paper few weeks ago that a park warden stopped a couple with baby daughter and told them that taking photographs of small children in the park was illegal (paedophile fears) and told them to delete photos of their own girl.

I was stopped while taking photos of shopping centre just after I bought my camera. I just wanted to take few pctures with my new toy and this guy kept asking me questions like: who told you to take pictures of this building. that's total lunacy in my opinion.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:21 PM   #38

Living in a world of fear. Or should I say they want us to live in a world of fear. It's getting pretty old and stupid if you ask me. If something is going to happen it's going to happen. As much information is on the internet. Give me a break.
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote