Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Took her out on a date to the local village pond to see the ducks!
Wide open aperture or close to it!Low light conditions but that is when the reflections look best!
Dawg










bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Looks like the two of you are going to be a COUPLE.


Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Trojansoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Posts: 3,724
Default

Some great shots, Ed! Congratulations on the Bigma. I now officially envy you.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

WackyRoger wrote:
Quote:
Looks like the two of you are going to be a COUPLE.


Wacky roger
Yep!!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Some great shots, Ed! Congratulations on the Bigma. I now officially envy you.

Paul
No need Paul. You'll either join or surpass me in time. That new lens of yours is doing the job you wanted right now. This is a gift from a friend and I only hope to honor that gift by learning to use it properly. Here is Ma and her little companion! They will be at my house for my lifetime anyway! With this and my Kit lens at 18-55 the whole range is covered from wide angle to extreme zoom. Oh yeah...This was taken with a 50mm f/2 and no flash! LOL

Dawg



Attached Images
 
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
This is a gift from a friend and I only hope to honor that gift by learning to use it properly. Here is Ma and her little companion!
Dawg,

Wow that is a lot longer reach than my 300mm. I have nobody giving me a gift. I want to wait until late Jan to see what longer reach lens will be out .

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Nice shots, nice lenses, but what does the third duck have on its head?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

That third duck is really confused, isn't it? Nice pictures - how do you like the lens?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:37 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
This is a gift from a friend and I only hope to honor that gift by learning to use it properly. Here is Ma and her little companion!
Dawg,

Wow that is a lot longer reach than my 300mm. I have nobody giving me a gift. I want to wait until late Jan to see what longer reach lens will be out .

Daniel
It is about as long as I need Daniel. A 800mm prime would be nice to say I have but really what use would I have for it.. LOL I like your photos...Don't do too much changing as you do so well with the ones you have!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:38 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots, nice lenses, but what does the third duck have on its head?

Tom
We have some rare Mohawk ducks here Tom!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:52 AM.