Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:49 AM   #11

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
OK I looked around and that's what I found out:

Rayovac - only watch batteries available in UK
Hybrios¬* - not available
enloops - found 1 shop which carries them

what aobut these IMEDION from Maha, they are available in UK and it seems they hold charge well. here's the link
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...atteries.phtml

and one more thing: which charger should I get¬* Maha 401FS or Maha MHC204W? they are both available in UK

thanks

greg
Hi Greg,
I find most branches of ASDA stock Uniross Hybrios, I've used them for several months now, and they seem to last forever. I've no experience of the chargers you mention so will follow any replys with interest. ... Jack.

Edit ... I paid £6.96 for a pack of 4 a few days ago, so they're much cheaper than the Imedion batteries.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:04 AM   #12

gfurm wrote:
Quote:

and one more thing: which charger should I get¬* Maha 401FS or Maha MHC204W? they are both available in UK
Hi Greg,

I have the Maha 401FS and have been very happy -- probably my 3rd charger, and the best by far. It's compact and portable, and charges batteries individually, instead of in pairs. I always use the slow charge mode as it gives a more complete charge.

I don't know about too many other chargers, but the 401 has served me well.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 4:26 PM   #13

Jachol: you were right, I got Hybrios from Asda.

I'll see how long they last. but I won't put them in my cheap charger (maybe it's broken). I'll get one of those Hama charges soon.

thanks for advice everyone

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 5:23 PM   #14

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
OK I looked around and that's what I found out:

Rayovac - only watch batteries available in UK
Hybrios - not available
enloops - found 1 shop which carries them

what aobut these IMEDION from Maha, they are available in UK and it seems they hold charge well. here's the link
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...atteries.phtml

and one more thing: which charger should I get Maha 401FS or Maha MHC204W? they are both available in UK
Hi greg

While i cannot speak about IMEDION Battery. I can highly reccommend the MAHA Brand of batterys. I have 8 sets of the 2600MAH Batterys and they have served me well.
As to the charger I have used the C401 and it was a Good Charger. However, I opted to upgrade to the C801D. This will charge up to *8 at a time, Slow or fast charge,regular charge or conditioning.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 5:29 PM   #15

not sure if they ship overseas, but Thomas Distributing has everything you'd ever want in batteries and power solutions. I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem.

www.thomasdistributing.com

I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer.
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:47 PM   #16

rfortson wrote:
Quote:
not sure if they ship overseas, but Thomas Distributing has everything you'd ever want in batteries and power solutions. I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com

I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer.
I will second Thomas Distributing. However i have been told that they only Ship within the US

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 3:57 AM   #17

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
Jachol: you were right, I got Hybrios from Asda.

greg
Glad you found them Greg, I'm sure you'll like them. I've several ordinary sets that don't work in the camera now, but seem to work OK in a flash unit, can't figure that out ... perhaps I need a reconditioning charger. ... Jack
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:24 AM   #18

Whatever you do, don't buy anything from this site or any related sites.
http://www.ripvan100.com (well actually, you can't buy anything here any longer)

I bought a charger and a set of sanyo batteries, both of which got great reviews on forums and websites, including this one!

After taking several months to arrive the charger didn't work, so I sent them a message asking for a refund/replacement to which I got no replies.
Weeks passed before I discovered the site had sopped selling chargers and sold the buisness on (or something like that, who knows!)
I finally got in touch with the guy who runs the place but he flat out refused to give me a refund or a replacement saying he had no cash or chargers left.
He lied to me though, because I know someone on resellerratings got a replacement after I had already asked.
I decided to give up and think of it as a very expensive set of batteries (which were supposed to be great!)
Well they were a load of crap too!!
After a full charge they usually show up has half full after a few shots and then just die after about 100 shots!

I just don't get it, this company, charger/batts got such great reviews but what I got was just junk!
To make things worse, the package came with some religious propoganda which I did not appreciate! And to think the guy who sent it out obviously has no morals and was happy to simply rip me off! :evil:
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:57 AM   #19

Perhaps the clue is in the url 'Rip' as in 'Rip off'.
IntrepidWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:53 AM   #20

jachol wrote:
[quote]gfurm wrote:
[quote]Jachol: you were right, I got Hybrios from Asda.

greg

If your interested Greg, this company stocks the Maha models, I just plunged and bought the Maha MH-204W with 4 X 1800ma/Hr batteries for £29.95 delivered. ... Jack

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/maha.html
Attached Images