Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:32 AM   #1

I got tired of my old batteries dying after couple days or after couple dozens photos. and they were like that from the beggining. I need to get a new set but I don't really know what to buy.

I was looking at rechargeable CR-V3 but I know they need to be 3V or less to be safe for DL2. did anyone used any of those? if so what brand were they.

If not what kind of rechargeable AA would you recommend. bear in mind that I'm in UK and most common are Energizers and Uniross so if you use something else and know where to buy them in UK I'd be grateful for info.

Is it safe to buy batteries on ebay? I wouldn't want to get something worse than mine are already are.

thanks for help

greg

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:20 AM   #2

Personally, I use Rayovac's Hybrid Batteries....on my DL. I usually get over 1000 shots per charge (consistently).

Feroz
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:37 PM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I began by using recharbales. However, for the last year I have been using CR-V's...get 'em in bulk when they go on sale at W'greens (2 pair for $10) and they seem to last for ever! I'll take the de-merits for being environmentally "un-friendly"

Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:38 PM   #4

Hi Greg,

In my DS and flash units, I use the Rayovac Hybrids also, mostly because of price. I also have a few sets of Sanyo Eneloops that I got on sale for about the same cost. I standardized on the hybrid type AAs since CRV3s don't work in the flash units, and I like the ability to use the same batteries and charger for everything.

I do carry a set of non-rechargeable CRV3s as a lightweight spare or "hi performance" set of batteries for the DS (they do make the cam a bit quicker in response).

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:26 PM   #5

I've just switched over to the Rayovac hybrid rechargeables, and have been quite happy with them - they do hold their charge longer than regular rechargeables.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:21 PM   #6

i probably started this hybrid trend. the new set i put in my wife's fuji lasted 7 months before dieing.. evarybody that uses them will tell you the same thing.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:47 PM   #7

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
I began by using recharbales. However, for the last year I have been using CR-V's...get 'em in bulk when they go on sale at W'greens (2 pair for $10) and they seem to last for ever! I'll take the de-merits for being environmentally "un-friendly"

Jay
Ditto. I mainly use AA hybrids in my K100D, but for traveling, I've stocked up on the Walgreen's CRV-3 at 2/$10. I generally get about 1300-1400 shots from a pair, which lasts me for a few months. If I think I might run out, the second pair is very light and easy to pack.

For good NiMH hybrids, I'll get 400-600 shots over the course of a few weeks.
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:37 PM   #8

there's another brand called Hybrios also. any of these are the best
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:32 PM   #9

I have a set of Hybrios and a set of Enloops. They both perform about the same and are head and shoulders above normal NiMH batteries. If you put a set of hybrids in your camera and pick it up a month later they will still have a full charge, my normal NiMHs would be nearly dead.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:27 AM   #10

OK I looked around and that's what I found out:

Rayovac - only watch batteries available in UK
Hybrios - not available
enloops - found 1 shop which carries them

what aobut these IMEDION from Maha, they are available in UK and it seems they hold charge well. here's the link
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...atteries.phtml

and one more thing: which charger should I get Maha 401FS or Maha MHC204W? they are both available in UK

thanks

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote