Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:46 PM   #1

[line]

This near my home and have been wanting to shoot for some time.Well today was the day as I saw the owner on the way to the mail box and I asked for permission and recieved it.As a young teenager and as a young and freshly married man,my wife and I would visit this bridge(it was in poor shape then)often on my motorcycle nearly 30 years ago.I took over 250 photos,many RAW with jpeg 1.75+gigs on a 2gig card.Several in pano to be stitched later and several through the exposure range with hopes of trying some HDR.It was a dark and gloomy day and wanted the photos to show that mood.

K10D,Tamron 18-250,most I shot in ISO 100,Tv mode as I was trying to get that "creamy"effect only a longer exposure can give you and in going for .5 to a full second and dropped my EV about 2 stops it was giving me f22 or in or around so great DOF....AF..no filters...very little sharpening in Picasa3(went from 2 to 3 with recent update and even reads and coverts my RAW files for Pentax and my Kodak's) and resize with Picasa also.Really this isall I use so far in PP as it is soooooooo easy and the Pentax is so good!These were all jpeg that I posted. Hope you like...

Will probably print off some copies for the nice home owner...

I know there are some blown highlights but I wanted to capture the interior ceiling wood work...

Thanks for lookin'..............Larry
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:30 AM   #2

Wow...Larry, thanks for sharing these! I couldn't imagine having a nice little stream with a fall AND a covered bridge in front of my house! You really did a nice job with the creamy effect on the water that's for sure! Any idea of the age of the bridge??

Thanks again!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:43 AM   #3

wadue wrote:
Quote:
Wow...Larry, thanks for sharing these! I couldn't imagine having a nice little stream with a fall AND a covered bridge in front of my house! You really did a nice job with the creamy effect on the water that's for sure! Any idea of the age of the bridge??

Thanks again!
Ron
Well Thanks Ron,glad you liked.

The old wall to the damn probably dates to the turn of the 19th century as there was a mill there.I would say the original bridge was about 1920's or so,maybe olderand this condition about 8 years agowhen the new owners rebuilt it....

Larry
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:10 AM   #4

larry,
as nice as these are you should get to work on the HDRs.. these are real close but i'll bet the HDR will be even better.. one question, how did you get 250 raw files on a 2gig card??? with my DS i can only get around 185..

roy

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:47 AM   #5

Nice job with the slow shutter speeds on the water. Good idea to give a few prints to the home owner too, it looks like a spot you might want to work again in different seasons.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote