Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:32 AM   #1

If you could travel to any place in the world at any time in history and have one safe hour to shoot pictures...

Where would you go?

What would you shoot?

Why?

This is all in fun, the Pentax time machine camera with personal force field project was scrapped, do to poor lithium ion battery performance.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:36 AM   #2

Here is mine...

I would go back to the Jurasic period.

I would shoot the T-Rex chasing after me and a second shot of the T-Rex as it was trying to eat me (thank god for the personal force field.) Going for a close up toothy shot!

I think it would be very interesting to see if what scientists have peiced together about the look of the the T-Rex, and how it walks and runs and how fast it can walk and run is correct or not.

Robert
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:59 AM   #3

Robert Barnett wrote:
Quote:
the Pentax time machine camera with personal force field project was scrapped, do to poor lithium ion battery performance.
I got hold of a try-out version before they scrapped the project. Mine was powered by a truck battery, guess the couldn't solve that.

Kjell

Hastings, 1066:
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:03 PM   #4

Versailles 1689:
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:35 PM   #5

How come Kjell always has the good Pentax products?
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:27 PM   #6
TDN

I have it on good authority the K20D will have built-in Time Travel!

Mine's easy: the 1969 moon landing. Might plant a Pentax-flag while I'm at it
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:24 AM   #7

I think I would go back to Sutter's mill during the gold rush. The variety of people and outfits they wore coming to seek their fortune would have been a lot of fun to shoot. By the way Sutter was a German who came from Kandern, Germany where we now live. His birth place is about 200 meters from the school wherewe work.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:26 PM   #8

Cool idea, Robert. I'll have to think about this one.

Glenn, is that Sutter's Mill in the northern CA?
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:31 PM   #9

Well, I've been studying on this today & if I had to be limited to just an hour then my #2 would have to be upgraded to #1. I would like to be the photojournalist that covered the gunfight at the OK Corral (Tombstone, AZ) between Wyatt Earp, his brothers & the McLaury/Clanton gang.

Now, if I had an unlimited amount of time & was able to use the K20d ( with the "time travel" & "unlimited battery power" options...hey, we're dreaming right, might as well REALLY dream!). Then, I would have to choose between 3 photojournalist assignments.

1. To cover Lewis & Clark's Corp of Discovery expedition from Pittsburgh to the Pacific. I've always wanted to see what the USreally looked like before we ruined it!

2. To cover one of my favorite characters of all history'sadult life...Ben Franklin. I have yet toread his 1000page biography but I still find ole Ben's life very interesting.

& last but not least...I would also like to cover one of my other favorite person's adult life...Teddy Roosevelt. Now, this guy knew how to live! From San Juan Hill to exploring the land for National Parks to safaring in Africa. Once again, before it all changed!

Great idea, Robert! I really like the ideas so far! Dinosaurs, Kjell's Battle of Hastings & Versailles, &Glen's Sutter's Mill...nice!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:47 PM   #10

Well, if the camera was good for two time travel tips and I had enough memory cards I would also like to go back and what the building of the pyramids or maybe the sphinx.

I would not want to go back to the Salem witch trials. With that camera steeling everyones soul I would be burnt to a crisp in no time!

Sniff, sniff. Do you smell that? It smells like Chicken!

Robert