Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:03 AM   #1

From this morning.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:00 PM   #2

Hi Dawg,

I think that #1&2 are chickadees, but that doesn't matter much. . . Your daily practice is paying off. Each day, the shots seem to be getting better.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:58 PM   #3

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg,

I think that #1&2 are chickadees, but that doesn't matter much. . . Your daily practice is paying off. Each day, the shots seem to be getting better.

Scott
That is the plan Scott! And it is a nuthatch in all of them..Goat about 4 kinds flying around right now..LOL Thank you for your kind comments and inspiration..It is helping.

Dawg
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:41 PM   #4

Nice pictures - but I think the first two are of chickadees also. The third one is definitely a Nuthatch, but the first two match the picture in my field guide of a black-capped chickadee.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:21 PM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Nice pictures - but I think the first two are of chickadees also. The third one is definitely a Nuthatch, but the first two match the picture in my field guide of a black-capped chickadee.
And you and Scott both are correct...But what do you think of the photos?
Dawg
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:09 PM   #6

They must be good if we are remarking on the bird species (you can see the differences clearly). Yes - they are quite good.

P.S. Are your chickadees as quick as ours are out here (a different variety)? They are hard to take pictures of because they rarely sit still long enough - I can't usually get them with a manual focus lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:22 PM   #7

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
They must be good if we are remarking on the bird species (you can see the differences clearly). Yes - they are quite good.

P.S. Are your chickadees as quick as ours are out here (a different variety)? They are hard to take pictures of because they rarely sit still long enough - I can't usually get them with a manual focus lens.
Yes they are that quick...The Nuthatches, Titmouses and the Chicadees are all that way. You have to give them a target and anticipate them going there...Also if there are branches near the feeder they will land on them after getting a seed and peck them open. This is how I get them. Fast auto focus helps but when there is insufficient light I have to anticipate where they will land and prefocus!

Dawg