Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:44 PM   #11

One of the things I was happy to see is that they've added little weight to the K10 (5 grams isn't much). I was afraid the K20 would be significantly heavier - which would have been a bad/good thing. If it had been I wouldn't have been tempted by it at all. It's out of my price range, but I no longer have that as a reason to pass up the camera.

I still don't see anything so far that's going to get me to upgrade right away. Though it sure would be nice if the ISO 6400 is useable.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:56 PM   #12
TDN

I'm a little disappointed with the K200D price.

From the specs of it, it doesn't look like a step up from the K10D, yet it is more expensive. So explian to me why I couldn't just get a K10D with a grip for the price of the K200D without grip? (I do want to upgrade from my *ist DL)

The K20D looks sweet though, and according to people who saw images from it, the sensor is spectacular... I am very tempted to start saving up for that one instead

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:02 PM   #13

TDN wrote:
Quote:
The K20D looks sweet though, and according to people who saw images from it, the sensor is spectacular...
Tom - that's the main reason I can see for upgrading, getting better pictures. It's going to be interesting to see what some of us here can make of the camera (will it have greater dynamic range? Better noise reduction without losing detail?). I wonder if the AF will be better/faster on the K20? It seems to me that my own K10 is getting slower and less able to focus than I had remembered (up until recently I've been taking lots of macro pictures and using manual focus lenses).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:04 PM   #14

The price converted to dollars is $1882.77 puts it right up there with the rest of the pro cameras.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:14 PM   #15

Looks like the camera I waited for, jumping the K10D. Now only one detail remains, the "paying for it-bit". Please, someone send me unexpected money for whatever reason.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:24 PM   #16

I am going to have to put up a website asking for donations
Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:15 PM   #17

I'm more interrested in the firmware upgrade! If you want a K20D...Wait till next year at this time and get one for around $600.00!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:14 PM   #18

I sure hope there will be a firmware upgrade for the K10
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:34 PM   #19

This may be what I am looking for, but time will tell if it lives up to the advertising.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:02 PM   #20

Peacekeeper wrote:
Quote:
I am sure I read somewhere that there would be a firmware update for the K10D at the same time as the launch of the K20D.

I am wondering if they are going to allow individual lens AF adjustment and image file naming protocols for the K10D!!!
Individual lens AF adjustments as I understand is workable for prime lenses and not so much for zoom lenses.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote