Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:27 PM   #1

Last month I traded my 2003 Nissan Sentra Spec V for a brand new 2008 Honda CRV EX AWD. I went with a bigger AWD car because I wanted the new car to take me off road that I would never dare take my lowered Sentra. The CRV is not an extreme off roading machine but it will do the job. I can't wait until summer so I can take road trip with the car and my camera.

Here are two pics at two different locations.

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2

those are nice shots, almost like a commercial.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 2:55 PM   #3

Both are very nice. Looks like you got a good car for the first picture's road conditions. Its a nice picture, but there's something about the second one that I really like. I can't explain why it would draw me in so much, but I really like it (there's more going on in it than first meets the eye).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:53 PM   #4

Definitely nice shots of a great vehicle. I really liked the second picture. It just has a captivating appearance to it. Well done

Chers

Brian
goldwing85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:05 PM   #5

Thanks,
I really love the CRV, very nice car and great on gas for its size. Like I said on my first post, I can't wait until the weather gets better here so I can go somewhere else. I plan to go to Yosemite and Mt. Shasta this year since I live 2-3 hours away only.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:44 PM   #6

That second one looks like some Orcs could be hiding in the shadows. I'm with Harriet, there is somethingspecial about that second one!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:45 PM   #7
TC3

i like the pics but not really a fan of the car itself. Not much good off road when i hired one but it all depends what you will be asking of it
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:03 PM   #8

Have a great time, though I wouldn't recommend that you try to take the CRV up to Shuteye Peak in the Sierra National Forest, near Yosemite. We were there last year and our stock Wrangler scraped bottom in one place, and didn't have enough clearance for another spot. If it were lifted, we wouldn't have had a problem. You definitely wouldn't have a problem with Nelder Grove or going to Fresno Dome.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:02 PM   #9

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Have a great time, though I wouldn't recommend that you try to take the CRV up to Shuteye Peak in the Sierra National Forest, near Yosemite. We were there last year and our stock Wrangler scraped bottom in one place, and didn't have enough clearance for another spot. If it were lifted, we wouldn't have had a problem. You definitely wouldn't have a problem with Nelder Grove or going to Fresno Dome.
Really? I haven't been there myself but my uncle took his Highlander to Shuteye Peak and he said he didn't have any problems. I don't know the hight difference between the cars, but just looking online, I does not look that bad unless if it was muddy.

But thanks for the advice though. I don't plan to take the CRV to any extreme off road, I just want to go off the road. Something that I was never able to do with my Sentra because it was 3 inch off the ground.

Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:09 AM   #10

When we were there it wasn't so much that it was muddy, but the trail had been eroded in several places, with one rock showing signs that others had scraped over it (the point where we turned back - we were by ourselves and I had little desire to get stuck as far back as we were). It all depends on the weather and what it does to the trail - I had been there several years before and not had any trouble in the same spot. Make sure you scout ahead before you commit yourselves to the trail when you go up and down the dome. It's otherwise an awesome drive, with incredible views. There's a couple of other dirt roads that arewell worth the effort(and easier if its not muddy) that are in the area.

And if you are really crazy, you can always try the Dusy/Ershim Trail:evil:- I wonder how far a CRV would get? In any case, have a great time but be careful out there.