Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:55 PM   #1

Here are some shots to share. The firstis done with the Nikon D200 and the lastthree with the Pentax K100D.

The story of this statue is that it cries blood and also at night it will come to life and go into the lake that is nearby. People put coins in her hands as well.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:55 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:58 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:59 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:51 PM   #5

Don't really believe in ghosts but that is one big monument for someone's grave. Or is it just statuary for the cemetery as a whole. If for an individual they had money that is for sure! I'm strange I guess but I do love roaming old cemeteries and shooting the monuments and headstones. I get a peace of mind body and spirit there. Strange Huh?

Dawg

Here are a few examples of the cemetery here in Athens.

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:16 PM   #6

Not strange at all. I feel the same way, so wait,that may make us both strange. :-)

Yes, this is for a family that had some serious money. In fact, this area has families that has money beyond. It is the fifth richest county in the U.S. Pabst, Sears and Roebuck, Montgomery Wards to name a few had summer mansions not too far from this cemetery.

Tom

P.S. Nice shots you shared here.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:22 PM   #7

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Not strange at all. I feel the same way, so wait,that may make us both strange. :-)

Yes, this is for a family that had some serious money. In fact, this area has families that has money beyond. It is the fifth richest county in the U.S. Pabst, Sears and Roebuck, Montgomery Wards to name a few had summer mansions not too far from this cemetery.

Tom

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"P.S. Nice shots you shared here.
Then we are both strange and that puts us with the majority here in this country! LOL

Dawg
Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:08 PM   #8

Tom - I really like your cemetery shots. I wasn't sure I cared about the post processing of the one in the other thread, and definitely prefer the original. That's just my opinion, nothing more.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:37 AM   #9

Beyond the philosophical aspect of cemeteries, the patterns and textures of the stone work and statuary make it a very interesting place to photograph (especially old cemeteries). Like the cathedrals of Europe (or temples of any faith from all over the world), to a photographer they are interesting for their complex design as much as their religious significance.

Ira

Tom and Ed, both sets of images are outstanding.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:58 AM   #10

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Beyond the philosophical aspect of cemeteries, the patterns and textures of the stone work and statuary make it a very interesting place to photograph (especially old cemeteries). Like the cathedrals of Europe (or temples of any faith from all over the world), to a photographer they are interesting for their complex design as much as their religious significance.

Ira

Tom and Ed, both sets of images are outstanding.
For my part thank you Ira....I fudged a little with these...They were taken with my DX6490 Kodak. Still one of the best cameras for landscapes I've ever owned!

Dawg