Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading these forums for a while now. I have been wanting a K10D, but have been waiting to see the K20D. It's more expensive than I thought and now I know I want a K10D.

Is this a good deal for the K10D?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-K10D-Digi...QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you all,
Donald

medonald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:14 AM   #2

i don't think it is that great of a deal at the bin price. although if you are overseas that might be a different story.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:29 PM   #3

Dont go by the prices he listed there, the K10D with the kit lens can be still had for $799 and the $100 rebate is still in effect for a couple days so it would be $699 at buydig.com and the 100mm macro although nice is priced high as well. And you might be better off buying the camera now working with it and then seeing what other lenses you need.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:35 PM   #4

ishino wrote:
Quote:
i don't think it is that great of a deal at the bin price.
I don't either. The way prices are coming down, it makes no sense to buy used at new (or higher) prices - you never know what you might get. And from the reviews I have read, there are better macro lenses to be had at lower prices.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 1:12 PM   #5

i just did a brief check from adorama.com

k10d - $569.99 after rebate

da 18-55 - $84.95

fa 100mm macro - $449.95

total is $1104.89 for all NEW not USED!

that leaves $170.11 savings from the $1275 BIN price to get a $29 4GB SD card and a case of your choice.

**and to topthat off you can find lower prices from other retailers.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:10 PM   #6

Buydig.com has the body only for $609 before rebate.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:21 PM   #7

i agree.. i'd say $900 would be a great price and maybe 1000. i think a grand is pushing it tho. as soon as the new models are released everything current now will plummet.. if he paid $800 for the macro then he's a sap and i have some things i'd like to offer him..

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:43 PM   #8

They said the reserve price was set at $999.99. Any thoughts on that.

Is $1000.00 still to much?

:?

Thank you all very much.
medonald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:36 AM   #9

I just want the K10D and the kit lens.

I live in India.

I'm saying this because, i need one website where my friend would do a purchase and give a shipping address of a third party (who would be coming to India).

I usually get computer stuff from newegg.com

Please advice me on the fairly good websites where i could purchase this for a good price.

The adorama site is loading as i type.. as adviced by ishinoeven before ineeded to ask

Are there any accessories you would advice, which do not come as a part of the kit? Example, a lens filter, a battery grip and a extra battery?

Your inputs would be very helpful.
no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:26 AM   #10

no_nonsense4857 wrote:
Quote:
I just want the K10D and the kit lens.

I live in India.

I'm saying this because, i need one website where my friend would do a purchase and give a shipping address of a third party (who would be coming to India).

I usually get computer stuff from newegg.com

Please advice me on the fairly good websites where i could purchase this for a good price.

The adorama site is loading as i type.. as adviced by ishinoeven before ineeded to ask

Are there any accessories you would advice, which do not come as a part of the kit? Example, a lens filter, a battery grip and a extra battery?

Your inputs would be very helpful.
I don't know if they can ship to an address that is not the same as the biller's address.
But to answer your question, if you are getting the K10D, I would get the battery grip and an extra battery to go with it. If you act fast, you can get $100 of the K10D and another $25 off the battery grip. Rebate end 1/31/08.

As far as the filters, unless if you need/want one for a certian lens, I would not worry too much about it. Filters can get expensive and there is nothing worst than buying a filter that you won't use.

A carrying case is nice if you don't have one already and some memory card. You can get that off of newegg since it is a lot cheaper there.

To answer medonald1's question, I would no buy that camera on ebay. As stated before, you can get it for a lot cheaper brand new. Also unless if you really need the 100mm Macro lens, I doubt you will use it.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote