Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Took my girls to some skiing yesterday. We had a really sunny warm day, around 32F (0 Celsius) great for hitting the ski trails.
What can I tell ya': it is really hard changing lenses while skiing:-) I had my DA 50-200mm and Sigma 10-20mm in bag.

One problem with Sigma is keeping the feet out of the frame, altough here it was intentional:

Here, my 4 and a half year old got fed up with me:

Come summer, I should be getting a superclamp to get some ultrawide shots from the bike. I should be able to trigger it with the cable release.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2008, 2:10 PM   #2

How much fun! You are braver than I am - I'm not a very good skier, so I won't try to carry a camera with me when I attempt it. I do carry one while snowshoeing, but that's pretty easy. How do you handle a camera, case and two ski poles? I only used one pole when I was out snowshoeing. And I love the second picture!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:05 PM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
How do you handle a camera, case and two ski poles?
It is an art :-)

I have a Lowepro AW 200 strapped around my shoulders, facing back. The poles go one in each hand, hanging by the straps. Most of my palm and fingers than were free to hold the camera, all while I was making sure I do not bump into anybody.

Doing this, it gave me the idea to use a Bogen superclamp on the bike with Sigma 10-20mm and take some cool shots, when spring will be here. Too bad I cannot clamp that on my body or something.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:30 PM   #4

AAHH! A nice sunny day with the girls you love. Can't think of a better way to spend the day! Unless......It was on a sunny beach!! LOL The little one is as cute as a spotted puppy in a strawberry patch! You are a lucky man!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote