Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:41 PM   #11

Coronado Island is quite a place. Took this from the Ferry Landing-had it enlarged to 12 x 18 and it is in the living room. People ask where I bought the poster.
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:55 PM   #12

I have such good memories of San Diego, my first trip to US, 3 weeks around california, nevada and arizona.

I too have to admit that San Diego is a place I would live, clean, beautiful weather, nice beach. I may still prefer ( and I may actually do ) moving to NY, since my wife's family is there and it's more alive, but I definetely love California.
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:20 PM   #13

My daughter lives there so I am there about twice a year, nice place to visit, I would not want to live there.

Nice shots, especially the last one at night.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:27 PM   #14

Hi DMJJR, I really do like your Cityscape. I actually packed my tripod, and before Christmas picked up a wireless shutter release. I also packed all my lens, and that was one of my destinations and ideas on my to do list, this time over there. I had come across a couple of pictures very similiar to yours, and I wanted to try out my luck. The first day, things were fine, then it was raining the rest of the week (raining dogs and cats, pigs and chickens - Santa Barbara received 4 inches in 24 hours). So there is always next time. I'll just have to gaze at yours for inspiration.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:21 PM   #15

We had taken the ferry back from San Diego-wasn't planning on the shot-had my DS with the DA 40 2.8-was a really clear night-placed the camera on a post on the wharf and took about 5 shots-all on "p". This was the best one-guess sometimes you just have to get lucky.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote