Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:50 AM   #1

I need to search for the list of threads i've participated in.

Eg. I had participated in this one thread where there was a lot of good information regarding the various options one had while choosing a bag (case) for a DSLR like K10D.

I'm unable to find a 'advanced search' option where i could search by the posts by a user.

:?
no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:03 AM   #2

have you looked at the little box under the search box, that says search by username.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:50 AM   #3

Doesnt seem to work either.

This very thread is not showing up when i run the search.

I've tried to run a search with my username in the search box and the check box below it (with the checkbox both ticked and unticked).
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:05 AM   #4

It's easy. Just click your username at the left of one of your posts in any thread. That's a link to your user profile, where you can check all threads you have started yourself or all post you have posted in any thread, in order of appearance.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 3:47 AM   #5

Thanks a lot Kjell

I was actually trying to fish out the info i had posted about a cool back pack which you said is available at your place

Different interface here in steves. But no problems.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 1:42 PM   #6

no_nonsense4857 wrote:
Quote:
...I was actually trying to fish out the info i had posted about a cool back pack which you said is available at your place
BillDrew, a fellow member round here, taught me this search tip, which I find invaluable:-

Use Google's 'Advanced Search'. It's a little link to the right of its main entry box. Then put http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/in the 'domain' field, so that you only search in these forums.

Enter your Steve's login name, and a preferably unique search string for the message you seek, and there you are! You can use the full power of Google's search engine, which is rather powerful, as we all know.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:22 AM   #7

And i thought i was good at google! :lol:

This is the first time ever that i observed a small link called 'advanced search'.

Thank youAlan. You showed me a tool thats very helpful and not to forget... powerful too.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:56 AM   #8
Administrator

You can also do it like this with google from the regular search box (all you do is append a site: with the name of the site you want it to search).

For example, this google search would return posts here containing samsung dslr:

samsung dslr site:forums.steves-digicams.com

Here's a direct link to an example (just look at what's in the google search box)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote