Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2008, 2:24 PM   #21

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Since you will benear Los Angeles, try to get over to Samys Camera - it's on Fairfax. I've never actually managed to get over there, but I understand that its huge.
I'm not too far from that place and had planed to come there sometime but I saw this.

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00O2sd
Ken T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:59 PM   #22

I didn't realize that there was a Samy's in Pasadena - there are a number of stores in SoCal. The one on Fairfax is the big one that I've heard people talking favorably about.

You could also try Bel Air Camera - it isn't as big as Samys, the prices are usually higher than B&H, but the sales people are knowledgeable. Their stock isn't bad for Pentax equipment (they always have cameras there but they don't carry a full line of lenses). If there's something specific you are interested in, I can always ask if they happen to have any (it's local for me).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:33 AM   #23

Welcome Alex. I'm over in Germany, not to far, comparitively! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. There are some reallytalented and creativepeople posting.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:46 PM   #24

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I didn't realize that there was a Samy's in Pasadena - there are a number of stores in SoCal. The one on Fairfax is the big one that I've heard people talking favorably about.

You could also try Bel Air Camera - it isn't as big as Samys, the prices are usually higher than B&H, but the sales people are knowledgeable. Their stock isn't bad for Pentax equipment (they always have cameras there but they don't carry a full line of lenses). If there's something specific you are interested in, I can always ask if they happen to have any (it's local for me).
I may stop by that Samy's in Fairfax sometime when I have a chance. Not really looking for for something specific, but you know, being pretty new in this photography world, I don't know much, so just love tospend time wandering in a big store, looking at things and...want/wish to have :?like ........ women in shopping malls in the week end :-).

I really appreciatefor your kindwillingness to help though.

You have a nice weekend with more nice keepers.

Ken

Ken T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:42 PM   #25

albreca wrote:
Quote:
Harriet, interested_observer thanks for the tiips for finding cam stores around LA.
wow that was really a great welcome by all of you!
H,
alex seems to have been a lurker here for some time as your moniker is seldomly posted.

alex,
i can tell you one thing and that's, that there are plenty of people here that are posting very fine images that they would never had thought possible a year ago.
just remember, the only stupid/dumb question you ask is the one you did not ask...

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 4:53 AM   #26

Welcome alex.

Me a newbie too. But though i am on the fourm, i still dont own a Pentax like you do.

Will get there soon and then the party starts for me

The feeling when you are welcomed by so many seniors here makes it really special.
no_nonsense4857 is offline   Reply With Quote