Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:29 PM   #1

just got this from PP.look atwhat made the top 3
HERE

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:05 PM   #2

Heady company for the K20D, being compared with $5.000 Canons and Nikons (for HDR photography), but there is also this:

" You might also consider snatching up a 10MP Pentax K10D DSLRon closeout as soon as possible. It can likewise burst five shots at +/-2, though it lacks the single-button burst option. With either camera, be sure to set the camera to aperture priority before capturing your burst; in both P and M modes, these cameras will change up aperture along with shutter speed during a bracket burst."
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:16 PM   #3

This is outstanding, Just goes to show Pentax is doing their homework. I was going to pick up another k10 body, but thought I would wait for the 20, but if prices start to drop the K10 will be a bargain that will be hard to pass up.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:38 PM   #4

i haven't upgraded my DS yet.. i'll wait for the k20d to be issued and make my decision then.. the k10 should be rock botttom after the release..

being compared to two $5000 cameras is a real eyeopener. that's why i posted it.. maybe people are waking up..

roy
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:44 PM   #5

I hope there waking up, I gave my Nikon to my son when I bought the K100, of course he badmouthed the K100 compared to HIS Nikon.

Now he has a photo shoot that he is actually getting paid to do, and what does he do, comes and gets my Pentax to do it with. Of course he took the K10

Terry.

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:40 PM   #6

I have to admit I was hard on Pentax last year for the delay in the K10D and not keeping people updated on why the delay. However, I have to say that in my book the K20D looks like a stellar upgrade. I really didn't think I would be upgrading from my K10D and now I know I will. Bravo Pentax. You not only offer more bang for the buck you have the most innovative cameras on the market. More than I can say about Canon and Pentax who have been pushing the same tired technology and features for almost a decade.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:36 PM   #7

2many wrote:
Quote:
I hope there waking up, I gave my Nikon to my son when I bought the K100, of course he badmouthed the K100 compared to HIS Nikon.

Now he has a photo shoot that he is actually getting paid to do, and what does he do, comes and gets my Pentax to do it with. Of course he took the K10

Terry.

ROTHFLMAO !!:?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:15 AM   #8
TDN

Quote:
Pentax K20D (street: 1299$)
Nikon D3 (street: 5000$)
Canon 1DmkIII (street: 5000$)
'nuff said.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:12 AM   #9