Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:28 PM   #21

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Because in this forum we push each others forwards in stead of putting down.

Kjel
I don't agree with that at all. If making a comment on something that is truly not the case in someone's opinion that would not be of service to the OP. This and any forum is open to anyone's opinion, good, bad or none at all. I have seen and personally experienced how it seems an opinion that does not run along the lines with what others have been saying has been met with pushing that poster not forward but out of this forum altogether. An opinion on what is posted has the chance of positive or negative feedback. If it is all positive then I am not so sure that this is the right place to be. I won't learn anything or try to improve my technique since I have already arrived with everything I post.

These images are still rather soft to me and detail also looks to be lost with this combination. I am not sure how much cropping was done which may also contribute to the softness of these photos.

My monitor is calibrated and I do see a big difference with I lookatin the wildlife forums with shots posted that are similar to this post.

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:12 PM   #22

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Because in this forum we push each others forwards in stead of putting down.

Kjel
I don't agree with that at all. If making a comment on something that is truly not the case in someone's opinion that would not be of service to the OP. This and any forum is open to anyone's opinion, good, bad or none at all. I have seen and personally experienced how it seems an opinion that does not run along the lines with what others have been saying has been met with pushing that poster not forward but out of this forum altogether. An opinion on what is posted has the chance of positive or negative feedback. If it is all positive then I am not so sure that this is the right place to be. I won't learn anything or try to improve my technique since I have already arrived with everything I post.

These images are still rather soft to me and detail also looks to be lost with this combination. I am not sure how much cropping was done which may also contribute to the softness of these photos.

My monitor is calibrated and I do see a big difference with I lookatin the wildlife forums with shots posted that are similar to this post.

Tom
Cropping on some and not on others Tom. I also see the difference Tom. All monitors and eyes are not created equal. My eyes are not the best and my CRT is getting along in years. So I post here to see the comments from folks with different (newer and better calibrated) monitors and Better (and newer eyes.) The comments David made seemed on first glance a little harsh and Kjel was taking up for me. After talking back and forth David is a very nice person that was just asking a good and honest question. I like the fact there are no trolls and everyone trys to get along here. But we also every now and then need constuctive critisism. I do anyway and you guys provide it when asked. Roy does it quite a lot but in a very friendly and helpful way. Honesty and also not hurting someones feelings can be a fine liner to walk....I always like hearing the comments from folks no matter how harsh they may be...Here anyway as I don't think anyone here is mean spirited. But I do remember when a couple of folks were making comments and they were ganged up on instead of ignored or someone just calmly and civily debating a point wirth them. But that is water under the bridge and I hope those folks are doing well now.

I will keep trying to get better and sharper photos. It is not the equipment but the lack of skill of the operator at work. Hopefully the operator can grow and do a lot better.....Thank you each and everyone that has contributed to my getting better...I know I've said this before but I truly mean it. I'm not there yet but the journey now seems to have an end in sight. Thank you again!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:20 PM   #23

I have a so-so Takumar-A 2X teleconverter (made by Asahi optical but without the SMC coating, I believe the exact same converter was sold as an Albinar as well) that I plan on trying out with the A 70-210mm f4. I know that it is somewhat soft and reduces contrast which is why I will stick with my sharpest, highest contrast zoom.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:14 AM   #24

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I have a so-so Takumar-A 2X teleconverter (made by Asahi optical but without the SMC coating, I believe the exact same converter was sold as an Albinar as well) that I plan on trying out with the A 70-210mm f4. I know that it is somewhat soft and reduces contrast which is why I will stick with my sharpest, highest contrast zoom.

Ira
To get the Sharpest from that Ira..Find a way to get within 6-10 feet from the feeder. Should yield some sharp photos that way. Snostorms advice! And it is good advice too!! LOL

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote