Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:16 PM   #11

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Have you moved the rocking chair, or the entire porch closer to the feeder? It's getting better and better!

Kjell
Thank you Kjell. I'm just learning more not moving closer!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:18 PM   #12

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
These are getting better all the time.
Thank you Ira! If they start getting worse or you can tell me how to do them better please feel free to tell me! And I know you will!

Dawg
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:28 PM   #13

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Of course, otherwise you'd be moving away from the beer!:blah:

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:38 PM   #14

i've got cardinals all over the place and can never get them.. what's your trick??

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:12 PM   #15

robar wrote:
Quote:
i've got cardinals all over the place and can never get them.. what's your trick??

roy
Dawg & Roy

When it comes to birdie shots, you Southerners have a field day with your tele. We can only look on with envy.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:42 PM   #16

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Of course, otherwise you'd be moving away from the beer!:blah:

Kjell
GOOD POINT Kjell!! LOL

Dawg
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:47 PM   #17

robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
Put the feeder in a place with overhead limbs...They like to come in troops and will run each other off if there is no room around the feeder to sit above and wait. Get good quality black oil sunflour seeds...They prefer these over almost any other food. Get a feeder with a flat shelve in front that is good sized...They don't particularly like the ones with small perches. Have plenty odf shaded areas they can perch and wait..They don't like waiting in the bright sunshine for their turn at the feeder...Makes them nervous....I sometimes have 10-15 at a time waitng around the feeders!

Dawg
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:48 PM   #18

I don't have your urban scenes and snow either Daniel...I'm in envy everytime I see you photos....Grass is always greener I guess.

Dawg

Old Feb 1, 2008, 5:05 PM   #19

Hi Dawg,

If my experience can be generalized, this is probably about as good as it gets from that kind of distance, shutter speeds in that range, and wide open. Now that you seem to have gotten the long lens technique down, you'll probably need to get closer, find larger subjects, or get a lot more light to see much noticeable improvement. Just shows what can be done when someone's determined. . .

Maybe if you start talking about installing sodium lamps and electrical service to the feeders, your better half might let you move the feeders 1 tree closer. . . alright -- fat chance. . .:-)

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:02 PM   #20

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dawg,

If my experience can be generalized, this is probably about as good as it gets from that kind of distance, shutter speeds in that range, and wide open. Now that you seem to have gotten the long lens technique down, you'll probably need to get closer, find larger subjects, or get a lot more light to see much noticeable improvement. Just shows what can be done when someone's determined. . .

Maybe if you start talking about installing sodium lamps and electrical service to the feeders, your better half might let you move the feeders 1 tree closer. . . alright -- fat chance. . .:-)

Scott
I ran out of trees that are any closer to the feeder...Now it will have to be me that moves closer. Thank you for you generosity in helping me with this and your understanding of what I was trying to do...In the spring there will be ample sunlight and the green leaves as a contrast to the colorful feathers. but for now the technique is doing well enough I can consentrate on my getting better with the cropping and the post processing! Thank you again!

Dawg