Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:38 PM   #1

i'm sure i'm not the only one who visits other pentax message boards. but i don't know what it is, everyone got nitpicky about pentax on the other message boards. they are gripping about the new camera bodies, the new lenses, their old camera bodies, their old lenses, full frame, samsung, etc... and the topics are all centered around what the complaint of the day happens to be.

i just wanted to say thank you to a bunch of my friends on here who don't get drawn in to all the bull out there and contribute to make this one of the best resources for us and other pentax photographers.

so thanks y'all!!!

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:32 AM   #2

Agree!

I've been lurking "the other forum" to extract info about the K20D, and I'm not the least tempted to join that quarrelsome bunch of negative people. Thank you all for being here and keeping this place a joy.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:08 AM   #3

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Agree!

I've been lurking "the other forum" to extract info about the K20D, and I'm not the least tempted to join that quarrelsome bunch of negative people. Thank you all for being here and keeping this place a joy.

Kjell
I post right now at 3 forums....This is on a par with one and better in my opinion than the other...There is one I will never post at again as all anyone wants to do is start a fight or complain that someone is breaking even the smallest rule. The trolls rule there and are semingly encouraged by the powers that be... I thank you one and all for having manners and caring how others feel. The info is passed along freely and we seem to be able to agree to disagree without holding a grudge or trying to get back at someone in a mean or evil spirited way....This is so refreshing to some coming from other forums...refreshing and Rare...Thank you everyone for this...

Dawg

dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 2:28 AM   #4

Hi ishino,

The "other forum" is where I first started posting, first in the Panny forum, and when I bought my DS, in the Pentax one. It used to be a pretty nice community, with a lot of good humored regulars who offered a lot of their considerable collective knowledge and encouragement to Pentax newbies. I still visit there, but rarely post any comments, and pretty much limit my lurking to posts from the old regulars where there's a chance that I might learn something.

I like it here better. . . and let me add my own appreciation to everyone here, for both their attitude and their contributions!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:58 AM   #5
TDN

Yes,I've noticed that too. Looks like this is the only place where everyone still uses common sense.

I visit one other pentaxforum, mainly because they have a very nice lens review database, with suer opinions about all Pentax lenses.

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:36 PM   #6

TDN wrote:
Quote:
Yes,I've noticed that too. Looks like this is the only place where everyone still uses common sense.
"common sense" -- a state of being often cancelled out by LBA to make life a bit more exciting.....!:-)

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:25 PM   #7

i post quite a bit over at the pentaxforums but i never join in in the BS discussions. what's the point in speculation and BS.. when it's released , it's released.. and at dpr, what's the point of posting there at all?? i can say tho that this forum is home..
of course i'd like this forum to offer more options and maybe a different format. hint, hint...

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:53 PM   #8

I think the size of the other forum just got to big to manage. It should spin out the lens section like what Steve has done in here.

Sometime a simple pm from the administrator (like hey be civilised) will be do a lot of good for all forum members

This forum is like a cyber community to us all and we should all treasure that

I can see that some of the oldtimers of the other forum are really p*****

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:00 PM   #9

I have posted very little on "the other" forum, too much controversy. The other forum that I sometimes post on seems to have software or bandwidthissues, it is often painfully slow but is much more like this forum in terms of group dynamics. I feel that the biggest advantage of this forum is that there are no pointless personality clashes, and when the occasional one does occur it is dealt with properly.

I like it here.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:18 PM   #10

Group Hug!!!

:-):lol::-):G:-):lol::G:-)
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote