Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:54 PM   #11

a200user, great shot. BTW everone who likes to experiment now and then needs a 50mm f1.4. I remember once finding a blog from a Pentax user in France who shot all of his images with either an FA 50mm f1.4 or an older M or A series 50mm f1.2 . The results were really interesting, all low light, all converted to black and white and all with paper thin DOF.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 7:58 AM   #12

Hi all,
heres my attempt, looking through ...
Simon
Attached Images

simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:32 AM   #13

This is the inside of a glass paper weight. Taken with my DL and the DA 50-200 with a #2 close up filter on it. The gold color comes from having the camera on daylight WB shooting under a chandelier with 5 energy savers in it. There is some touch up as I took out some of the bothersome smaller bubble specks using GIMP's clone tool as well as adding some contrast and cropping it a bit.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 9:37 AM   #14

As soon as I saw the topic of the month, I knew that I had to go over to the Missouri Botanical Gardens in St. Louis & get a few new shots of the blown glass chandolier hanging in the entrance way. The gardens purchased this piece after the artist, Dale Chihuly, had an exhibit here in '06. It is just a beautiful example of his craftsmanship.

Anywho, this was shot with the dl & Sigma 70-300dl @ 300mm f5.6, Sigma ef500dg (to make it sparkle a little)& adjusted a little in pse3.

I decided to change the post to this one. I thought the first was a little dull without the flash.

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:21 PM   #15

My wife collects glass so there's a lot of subjects around the house. I'm going with this one instead of the SMC A 50mm f/2.0 I posted earlier, although this shot was taken with that lens.

Changed again, someone let me know if I'm moving in the wrong direction. Thanks.

OK - another change, got my FA 50mm f/1.4 (thanks for the adviceIra), so I had to give it a try. I might have an LBA, but as you can see from this entry my wife has an MBA (Massive buying addiction), at least we're both into glass of sorts.

Attached Images

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:13 PM   #16

From my wife's antique glass collection, a pressed glass cup plate -- the "Fort Pitt eagle plate" from Curling's Fort Pitt Glass Works (Pittsburgh, PA), 1830-1835:
Attached Images

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:16 PM   #17

WOW! I can see this month is going to be tough competition. These are really fantastic.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:35 PM   #18

I've been noticing the same thing, Patty. My first idea didn't pan out - the only picture that I thought was almost OK wasn't framed right. I think I'll go on to idea number two instead of going back and re-taking idea number one. Penolta's lovely picture gave me a third idea to try, but that one is really a longshot. The last time I tried to take a similar type of picture it was too horrible for words...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:55 AM   #19

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Penolta's lovely picture gave me a third idea to try, but that one is really a longshot. The last time I tried to take a similar type of picture it was too horrible for words...
Thanks, Harriet. You can see a couple of others in the close-up forum, along with someadditional information along with how they were taken (further on down the thread). Camera was *istD with kit lens, 1/30 sec, f8, ISO 400: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=7
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:34 PM   #20

Although I posted some of these a while ago, I'm gonna make this one my submission for the February challenge.

I just really like this one

Brian

goldwing85 is offline   Reply With Quote