Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Big & Small Snow Shovels (Photos)

We have had over 8 foot of snow since the first of the year and our little Village (Chama, New Mexico) was declared a disaster area after a 3 1/2 to 4 foot snow storm a couple of days ago. I am sure some folks have never thought about what do you do with all that snow ??? You can't wait until spring for it to melt off.

Small snow shovel





A large snow shovel



WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

I'll take the loader any day over the back breaker!



Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
robar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: D/FW area Texas
Posts: 7,590
Default

a few years back someone posted(diff. site) a shot of a strange locomotive with what looked like a large fan on the end of it. gawd, i couldn't make heads or tails of what it could be... so i asked.. reply was , don't you know a snow blower when you see it??
ah, no been around for half a century and had never seen one..
i do know now however.

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I'll take the loader any day over the back breaker!



Dawg
ME to, in fact the loader with some one else running it while I am inside drinking hot coffee.


Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 8:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
a few years back someone posted(diff. site) a shot of a strange locomotive with what looked like a large fan on the end of it. gawd, i couldn't make heads or tails of what it could be... so i asked.. reply was , don't you know a snow blower when you see it??
ah, no been around for half a century and had never seen one..
i do know now however.

roy
A rotary snow plow, here is two of them snowed in at the moment.






Our railroad depot






Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,052
Default

That's some snow! I like your idea of trucking the snow somewhere else - around here all they do is push it to the side of the road, adding to the amount you have to shovel from your driveway. Actually, our snow usually melts in between storms - we've had a couple of warm days, it's supposed to continue getting warmer so I wouldn't be surprised if all of our snow is gone by Friday. At least we'll be able to get the Honda out of the driveway again - a welcome relief to our pocket books (the Fit gets twice the mpg).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
That's some snow! I like your idea of trucking the snow somewhere else - around here all they do is push it to the side of the road, adding to the amount you have to shovel from your driveway. Actually, our snow usually melts in between storms - we've had a couple of warm days, it's supposed to continue getting warmer so I wouldn't be surprised if all of our snow is gone by Friday. At least we'll be able to get the Honda out of the driveway again - a welcome relief to our pocket books (the Fit gets twice the mpg).
Our normal heavy snow months are February and March so we got to move it so there is room for the next bunch.



Wacky roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
snostorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago Suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 2,770
Default

Hi Roger,

These make me feel . . . uh -- better about our recent snow -- only about 8-12" total in two back to back storms. We've been spoiled for about the last 8 years and haven't had even close to the normal amount of snow for Chicago -- and it always melted off quickly. This one looks to stick around for a while tho . . .:roll:

Scott
Attached Images
 
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:16 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default

great photos
i like the staion photo
thats postcard material

i have never seen that much snow
i dont know how you manage

i was going to have a giggle at your expense
but seening as we just had our seasonal rainfall in one day
i wont


Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 5:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
nhmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 5,202
Default

Yikes. That's a lot of snow. Seeing yours, I'll take our snow pack that's been covering my lawn since around Thanksgiving. I certainly wouldn't want to be paying my guy at $35 a pass for the first 5 inches and $17 for every 5 inches after that. We'd really be broke where you are.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:36 PM.