Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Another nice sunny day here in the UK, so another little stroll at lunchtime. Several times I pointed the camera in the direction of birds but they usually reacted very quickly by flying away. But I did get one or two

First off was this:

My ornithological knowledge being almost non-existent I have no idea what this is.

I recognise the next bird, it's a robin. It seemed very happy as it was singing away for ages.

The next is probably a sparrow

Like in a previous photo of a bird "taking off, when this one decided to fly off it started with a plunge. I assume that it needed to gather a bit of speed before using its wings

And finally (hooray!!!) hidden in a tree:

Well, that's all for today folks.

Keith

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:58 PM   #2

Very nice shots Keith. What lens are you using?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:33 AM   #3

Thanks Dawg. I use the Sigma 70 - 300m (APO) mostly at the 250 - 300mm end so most of my shots are a little on the soft side - thank goodness for PP! Now, who would have thought a year ago that I'd say something like that :-)

I tend to use this lens as my walkabout as I prefer it to the 18-55mm kit lens. Not that the kit lens is bad, I just don't think I take very good photos at the wider end. I suppose I ought to use it more and practise, etc but when I do I always miss a shot that needed the longer lens; never seems to bother me the other way round.

Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote