Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:11 PM   #2

Dawg, were these with the Bigma/Tamron 1.4x combo? It looks like you might have had some camera shake on these, although looking at the exif you have done better than I could have done handheld at such slow shutter speeds. If a tripod would get in the way I wonder if there would be a way to mount a ball head on your porch railing for lower light shots? :-)

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:37 PM   #3

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Dawg, were these with the Bigma/Tamron 1.4x combo? It looks like you might have had some camera shake on these, although looking at the exif you have done better than I could have done handheld at such slow shutter speeds. If a tripod would get in the way I wonder if there would be a way to mount a ball head on your porch railing for lower light shots? :-)

Tim
Tim these were with the Vivitar 300mm and the Sigma TC. Wind was at 25 mph and the limbs were swaying. Th worst thing about these is the CA. The Viv with heavy back light just can't do without CA. The cropping of these didn't help a lot either. I've plenty of room for a tripod but the birds may fly down to a limb on my left at a 60 or 70 degree up Angle one moment and then be on my right at a 45 degree down angle 70 feet from the last spot. I can pan and tilt with the best of them but the birds only sit for a few seconds and with the light being so low I have to manual focus as well. Hand held is the easiest if not the best way to do these. Everything for the last week or so have been hand held. I got a better beamer in the works to get a little more light on the situation...We'll see in a few days or so! Got the magnifying sheet and the 2 sides already...Just need some stick on Velcro and rubber bands to make it work!

Dawg @work

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:17 AM   #4

Hey Dawg,

always interested in your bird pictures. Perhaps you might be interested in some of mine, although I wouldn;t consider myself a birder or anything, just some random shots of birds while in trinidad. Im not even too sure what these birds are, perhaps you recognize them.

Thanh

tdotho is offline   Reply With Quote