Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:54 PM   #1

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home

Has anyone submitted there photos to the Pentax Photo Gallery(ppg)? I just signed up last night and submitted 3 photos to them.
The 3 photos that I submitted where 3 photos that that I really liked.

My goal this year is to get at least ONE photo in the gallery. I know it would be a long shot because they have soo many greats photos in the gallery. But is worth the shot and there is no harm done besides the feeling of being rejected.

Well here are the 3 shots that I sent over. Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad. Don't be afraid to tell what is "wrong" with the picture and how I can improve on it.

"Lost"

"Waiting"

"Big Wheels"

superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:15 PM   #2

I submitted 4 but have gotten no reply as yet!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:29 PM   #3

I have submitted several but none accepted, maybe later.:angry:

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:36 PM   #4

I've got one photo in the Pentax Photo Gallery. While I think all 3 are excellent shots, I believe the last one has the best chance of being accepted. Good vibrant colors, a wide scene, something different, and a good perspective of the tractor. I am no expert but if anything I would clone out the two electrical poles and wires, the UFO and crop a tad tigher to exclude the farm equipment on the right but it really doesn't detract from the image so it really comes down to a personal preference. For sure fix the horizon as to me it looks a little slanted. From what I have seen of the PPG, photos that really show off the capabilities of the equipment and the artists who use it is what gets selected. Creativity wise I like the first photo the best, but frankly the blown highlights and purple fringing will not win any votes. This would have been an excellent candidate to do as a HDR and if done right I think it would be a great addition to the PPG.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:53 PM   #5

ishino wrote:
Quote:
I've got one photo in the Pentax Photo Gallery. While I think all 3 are excellent shots, I believe the last one has the best chance of being accepted. I am no expert but if anything I would clone out the two electrical poles and wires out, but it really doesn't detract from the image so it really comes down to a personal preference. From what I have seen of the PPG, photos that really show off the capabilities of the equipment and the artists who use it is what gets selected. Creativity wise I like the first photo the best, but frankly the blown highlights will not win any votes. This would have been an excellent candidate to do as a HDR and if done right I think it would be a great addition to the PPG.
Its funny that you said that on the 3rd image. It seems that I have uploaded the orginal image before I I removed those poles and wires. I also removed the small airplain in the center right and on the bottom right and I also removed that small black paper thing before I sent it. On the 2nd image, I removed that small rock that is floating.

I did not know blown highlights is that much "taboo". I that a small area would be fine. I will keep that in mind the next time I select an image. I was thinking of trying to do HDR with a different image but I don't think that is allowed. On Rule # 6 it says this.
Quote:
Photographs should not be overly manipulated with filters and effects. Some dodging and burning to reveal an image is allowed, however, it is not acceptable to move around pixels or add or remove elements. Cropping is allowed.
I wonder if you have better luck if you use a Pentax lens. The 3 shots that I just submited was listed under "unknown" as the lens because it was shot with a Sigma lens. Most of the image that I saw on the board was shot with a pentax lens.

I wonder if any Pentaxian on THIS board that got accepted?
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:03 PM   #6

I submitted several but none were accepted. All of mine were marked as "other" also. I do think there is a strong bias towards a Pentax lens (which I suppose should be expected) but maybe I am just trying to console myself :sad:.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:15 PM   #7

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
A few have been accepted. ccallana, TC3, and tdotho.

There are a couple of threads about them.

First photo in PPG

I was rejected, but then I won!
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:25 PM   #8

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
What don't I count?

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ho...mp;language=EN
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:32 PM   #9

Sorry ishino. I didn't mean to miss you. I had previously read the other threads and missed yours. Congratulations on your acceptance! It is a beautiful shot and most deserving of its inclusion.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:17 PM   #10

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
superakuma wrote:
Quote:
A few have been accepted. ccallana, TC3, and tdotho.

There are a couple of threads about them.

I got five in, but haven't much mentioned it here in the forum. I submitted all of them before they started the voting thing, and IIRC, four of them while it was still in beta, before the site was officially opened.

I haven't submitted any for quite a while -- the rejection thing is so hard on the ego . . .

:-)

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/ho...01&language=EN

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote